Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

You are my brother from another mother, right? 

The three of us sometimes....

• Haha 3

Just Wow SCV!  Those mellos though!  Amazing!  Solid, solid, show, SCV!  It’s gonna be close tonight!  

• Like 2

SCV...where the hell was that all year? You just kicked it up ten notches or so.  Holy Sh!T!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So, they just kind of give up on marching at the end of that show. The body movement at the very end just looks generic and like they tried to hide the fact that they’re not doing anything for way too long at the end. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

That soloist is getting worse on those 2 high notes as the season goes on.   Hope he can turn it around next week.

SCV:

Musically, every section was a step up from BD. Brass was more in tune, more focused, more sonorous. Battery was clean. Front ensemble was "in". 

However, they weren't without issues. Brass threw away some double tonguing, and I despise the way that their front ensemble music is composed to be as vulgar as possible. 

Thematically, I get it a bit more than BD, but still not much. The ladder props don't do anything for me. I also think their costumes are ugly as sin. 

Personally, I have them slightly over BD. 

Edited by pudding
  • Thanks 1