Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

Just now, hornandsoccer said:

Yeah, I'll be real surprised if this panel doesn't put Crown over SCV tomorrow night.

Cavaliers are also a possibility. Obviously a wild card, but they're peaking at the right time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Conspiracy corner: The gaps in some of the sub-captions between SCV and the other two seem a lot larger than they have the rest of the season. Are judges deliberately scoring SCV low in certain captions to overcome their clear strengths in others?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I will also say that SCV was not a point and half behind 2nd.  That's some BS!

now now

1 minute ago, jordsterr said:

But I do believe that some things we perceive from the mics are not as perceptible in the live balance.  I was surprised how much last week.  I was live and very up close in Murfreesboro and watched online in Atlanta.  Very different perceptions.

Mics or not, soloists fracking, trumpets being out of tune, still comes through in the box. Yet it was rewarded...

Edited by Treefidy

Can't speak to any of top 3 performances since I could not watch due to FLO but, BD was only .225 behind Bloo so it's not a big win. Have to review recaps.

• Confused 1

Not buying Blue Stars' higher ranking in GE over BK. BK content and achievement has a much more powerful connection to an idea, and is communicated much more clearly, to say nothing of emotionally. The Stars look and sound wonderful, and deserve their visual and music scores, but overall their program is Generic Drum Corps by comparison to BK. My opinion.

. . . and upon further review, perhaps BS would take exception to BK's win in color guard achievement subcap. These two corps -- and where will Cadets fall tomorrow? Their last score was an 88.3, after all -- need to be strong across the board, because is seems it's going to come down to which judges they get.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

Wow, what a great show! LOVED BK tonight, and I rarely say that. Love their music. Blue Stars were amazing! Love the little additions. SCV, BD and Blooo are going to be headed right down to the wire. Simply a great show!!! Can't wait for tomorrow night! Too many exclamation points?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1

I do think BD has a great show this year; however, Bluecoats have one of the most entertaining shows of all time.  This show live reaches the people.  It's nice to see a show that can get people excited and appreciate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

It is going to be fun in Indianapolis. SCV was incredibly intense tonight. Now they can add ###### and disrespected to what they are feeling. That should make for three memorable performances next week. They might not win this year, but I think they will be the buzz of the weekend.

PR 2008 energy

• Like 1