Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

I hate the format of Allentown?  Why do they split it into two nights? Is it just tradition, or is there some other reason? I think the fact that judges have to leave room for the corps performing tomorrow leads to some funky stuff with the scoring that we don't see when everyone is judged together. Unfortunate that it has to happen right before Indy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Can't speak to any of top 3 performances since I could not watch due to FLO but, BD was only .225 behind Bloo so it's not a big win. Have to review recaps.

There hasn't been a 'big win' yet for either of those corps over the other.  And don't hold your breath expecting one.

26 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Did anyone else notice that Flo had Bluecoats as Blue Coats?

They have had it wrong all season long. It’s absolutely incredible.

Kinda harkens back  to  2008.  If BCs take gold it will probably be from crowd support.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Bloo has to watch those content scores for GE and visuals.

SCV running 4th overall in brass doesn't seem right. But I didn't see the performance.

12 minutes ago, blooscvfan said:

As much as I would hate for that to happen, it just might.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Get ready for The hype 🚆. Choo choo!

2 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

There hasn't been a 'big win' yet for either of those corps over the other.  And don't hold your breath expecting one.

It will be tight all the way.  Two great shows this year.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Conspiracy corner: The gaps in some of the sub-captions between SCV and the other two seem a lot larger than they have the rest of the season. Are judges deliberately scoring SCV low in certain captions to overcome their clear strengths in others?

No,

Maybe, just maybe, I show about counter-culture that is pretty much just a repeat of last year's winning show(Monochrome corps uniforms with bright colorful guard, Loud Staccato opener, Jazzy Rock Ballad with super squeak trumpet, Dance break Drum Feature, and Brass Band Closer with a romantic melody,) shouldn't be scoring well in GE because a show about counter-culture shouldn't be aping from what worked and people loved. It doesn't make any sense thematically.

• Thanks 2