Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

4 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Thanks to all the corps tonight for a great first time ever in Allentown. 

Betcha it won't be yer last!

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 2

If GR were alive today he would take SCV’s super screamer aside and say, “Thanks for 2018 and you had your fun, but _______ is going to fill in for you with something else.” And that would be it. 

If SCV takes 3rd or lower next week perhaps they can go back to the Chasm of Doom, return the Soul Stone to Red Skull and ask for their identity back. You know, the real one.

Representing counterculture with a 30-year old Metallica tune? How about Song 2 by Blur or All Apologies by Nirvana? Under the Bridge by Red Hit Chili Peppers? Lots to choose from. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It’s wild to think Blue Devils haven’t won a regional since 2017.  They definitely are not weaker, I just think other corps have really started to step up.  

I’d disagree a bit. BD hasn’t really had the “ it factor” they used to have, for a little while now. I’m not sure what’s different in their approach, but there’s definitely something different. Other corps have indeed stepped it up though. 

37 minutes ago, EricS said:

Kinda harkens back  to  2008.  If BCs take gold it will probably be from crowd support.

Yeah because they aren’t good enough to take gold without “crowd support.”

SMH

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

seems it's going to come down to which judges they get.

BINGO!

Edited by 27Socal

What day is the finals judging panel announced?  That's when you can make an accurate prediction as to who will win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

Thought SCV had a great run tonight but looks like they are out of the race

Really think they made a huge mistake on their costume design. Visually they march their butts off but you can’t really tell because the entire corps is just a huge grey blob.

Also, doing basically a repeat of the theme of last years show was not a smart strategy. Everyone compares this year to last year, which was one of the greatest drum corps shows of all time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

does it seem like Blue Stars scores have sort of flattened out? I saw the run tonight and the corps is obviously improving so it surprises me...

• Like 1