Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Really think they made a huge mistake on their costume design. Visually they march their butts off but you can’t really tell because the entire corps is just a huge grey blob.

Also, doing basically a repeat of the theme of last years show was not a smart strategy. Everyone compares this year to last year, which was one of the greatest drum corps shows of all time. 

I could not agree more with this assessment. I have made similar comments all season and believe me they were not very popular amongst fellow alums who were still drunk from the 2018 Koolaid they’d drunk. 

KoNspEaRaSEe KoRnER 👽;

Someone will poach a chunk of SCV’s staff in the off-season. :ninja:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

What day is the finals judging panel announced?  That's when you can make an accurate prediction as to who will win.

The panels for the whole week is posted sometime next week before Prelims start

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Could be the fact that their show design style has shifted dramatically from the very intellectual, groundbreaking shows of 2008-2013 to the more light-hearted, entertaining shows of 2014-now. 

You mean like their shows before 2008 when they had an even stronger “it” factor and swagger....? 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Really think they made a huge mistake on their costume design. Visually they march their butts off but you can’t really tell because the entire corps is just a huge grey blob.

Also, doing basically a repeat of the theme of last years show was not a smart strategy. Everyone compares this year to last year, which was one of the greatest drum corps shows of all time. 

Worked for them in '89.......... 😄 

• Haha 3

Top 3 live all incredible, tho shocked scv so far behind. Academy abuses bass drops, blue stars and Madisynth win high goo. Genesis a pleasant surprise.

i know people say Allentown hates BD but nope, not tonight!!

any of the top3  could win and I’m ok with that 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

That's awesome. I saw Chicago in L.A. at the Disney Concert Hall a couple years ago, and it was amazing. My favorite U.S. orchestra is Cleveland though. Really need to make a trip to see them.

I agree!  Cleveland is spectacular.

• Like 3

Oh as for the delay, lightning hit 3 miles away. ASD rules say gotta clear the stadium 

11 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I could not agree more with this assessment. I have made similar comments all season and believe me they were not very popular amongst fellow alums who were still drunk from the 2018 Koolaid they’d drunk. 

KoNspEaRaSEe KoRnER 👽;

Someone will poach a chunk of SCV’s staff in the off-season. :ninja:

It's interesting.  The costume is not good, but up close, it's gorgeous.  I've seen that happen before, and they are not the first victims of that error.