Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

12 minutes ago, Pizazzman said:

I’d disagree a bit. BD hasn’t really had the “ it factor” they used to have, for a little while now. I’m not sure what’s different in their approach, but there’s definitely something different. Other corps have indeed stepped it up though. 

Could be the fact that their show design style has shifted dramatically from the very intellectual, groundbreaking shows of 2008-2013 to the more light-hearted, entertaining shows of 2014-now. 

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

BLOO!

Oh man, back and forth and back and forth......I'm getting dizzy.  This is going to be exciting to the end.  

As they say in the horse racing world:  DING DONG!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Really think they made a huge mistake on their costume design. Visually they march their butts off but you can’t really tell because the entire corps is just a huge grey blob.

The grey pajamas are just awful.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony L. said:

So I am actually shocked that BlueStars are as close as they were tonight to BK.  I would have had them closer to 2 points behind BK. That show has reached its peak.

No, that is their prop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

It all depends on the judging panel. 

Yes.  We old timers get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Bloo on, for the 2nd time in 4 years, sweeping all three DCI regionals.  The race for the gold is going to be VERY tight, but props must be give to the Bluecoats for having won 6 of 9 head to head matchups with BD this year and 12 of 12 with SCV.

I would also point out that 33 sub-captions have been judged in the three regionals (11 judges at each).  BETWEEN THESE TOP 3 Bloo has come out on top 19 times, BD 8, and SCV 6.  Again, that is a comparison of these 3 corps.  (understanding that Crown and Crusaders have some sub-caption wins)

AKRON, OHIO WILL BE ELECTRIC MONDAY NIGHT!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Tony L. said:

So I am actually shocked that BlueStars are as close as they were tonight to BK.  I would have had them closer to 2 points behind BK. That show has reached its peak.

Nah, they're marching one of the hardest drills this year. Still more to clean 

Also more nuances to add to that music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

AKRON, OHIO WILL BE ELECTRIC MONDAY NIGHT!!!

See you there!