Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

I've started using the FloSports app on FireTV.  Running Comcast Internet -- 150 Mbps, but my router only gives me around 90.  Other than the multi cam fail we all experienced last night, it's been pretty decent -- from a "I have continuous picture and sound" standpoint.

i used to view via a browser and did all the tricks to keep things going with moderate success. So far, the Flo app has been set and forget. (Knock wood)

Thanks for the info ....... not familiar with this ...... only a few days before finals, Can you provide a list of equipment and install guide? I don't have or use TV ....... discarded that long ago. Everything is internet and Desktop and laptop computers.

2 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Thanks for the info ....... not familiar with this ...... only a few days before finals, Can you provide a list of equipment and install guide? I don't have or use TV ....... discarded that long ago. Everything is internet and Desktop and laptop computers.

FireTV and the FireStick is primarily for TV.  In essence, it turns your TV into a "smart" TV with apps for Netflix, Amazon Prime, various on demand channels, etc.  It connects to the Internet and then you connect the output (usually HDMI) to your TV. Not sure this would work on a computer -- I never tried it.

It's an Amazon product -- FireStick 4K runs about $50.  I got one of the first ones that has a wired Ethernet connection.  The new ones appear to be wireless out of the box, but you can purchase a wired adapter which I strongly recommend. (When I first started watching DCI streams, I ran a 50' cable from the router in the office thru the kitchen to the laptop connected to the TV in the den.)

Go on Amazon and search "Fire TV" for details.  if you have more questions, please let me know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Yeah because they aren’t good enough to take gold without “crowd support.”

SMH

you are so #$%^&*( WRONG

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

FireTV and the FireStick is primarily for TV.  In essence, it turns your TV into a "smart" TV with apps for Netflix, Amazon Prime, various on demand channels, etc.  It connects to the Internet and then you connect the output (usually HDMI) to your TV. Not sure this would work on a computer -- I never tried it.

It's an Amazon product -- FireStick 4K runs about $50.  I got one of the first ones that has a wired Ethernet connection.  The new ones appear to be wireless out of the box, but you can purchase a wired adapter which I strongly recommend. (When I first started watching DCI streams, I ran a 50' cable from the router in the office thru the kitchen to the laptop connected to the TV in the den.)

Go on Amazon and search "Fire TV" for details.  if you have more questions, please let me know.

Fire TV probably WON'T work on a computer -- the HDMI port is usually an output. It WOULD work on a computer monitor, but the monitor would need built in speakers or an audio out to hear the sound. 

• Like 1

Wow, BD won GE rep from 3/4 judges. If they can clean it all up, I like their chances

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

I do think BD has a great show this year; however, Bluecoats have one of the most entertaining shows of all time.  This show live reaches the people.  It's nice to see a show that can get people excited and appreciate.

Eh

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I don't disagree with SCV being in 3rd, but that spread is pretty ridiculous.  

I think the judges nailed the visual spread for SCV. I think the GE spread should've been maybe cut in half but they should still be a distant 3rd

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George Dixon said:

does it seem like Blue Stars scores have sort of flattened out? I saw the run tonight and the corps is obviously improving so it surprises me...

Maybe. But also BK. BK passed 87 on July 26, and they're barely a point higher after last night -- despite visual and GE that is, to my eye, much sharper and potent that it was even in Atlanta. BK has been gathering points by teaspoons.

Pretty much the same for Stars. They hit 87 on July 24, and have bounced since, finally popping beyond 87 last night. Teaspoons.

Meanwhile, Cadets have been gathering points by the bucketful. 84 on July 24, and 88+ on July 30. Cadets haven't had a judged show since July 30.

I'd like to know specifically what's been happening with the Cadets show since the tour came out of Texas. For all the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pages on multiple threads devoted to their supposed collapse, they're on a trajectory to score something like 94 tonight.

Who's got the insight to explain it?