Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

Just boarded the plane in Atlanta!  Because everyone knows the shortest route from St Louis to Allentown is through Atlanta.  So happy with the forecast this evening ... gonna be a great night!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Weather Underground is now saying that today will be fine all day and that Saturday will now be the worse of the two days with a 60% chance of rain during the day, but clearing up in the evening starting around 7pm.

1 hour ago, DeanInChicago said:

Plane leaves Chicago in 30 minutes. I am ready to hit the diners, the Farmer's Market at the fairgrounds, Saturday morning barn sales between Kutztown and Quakertown, stadium shaved ice, and outdoor acoustics.

Don't know about this year.

But last year they replaced the Shaved Ice with Snow Cones.

However unlikely I would love the drama going into prelims if Santa Clara has their run of the season tonight and pulls out a close win.  Add a Cavies win tomorrow and there will be a lot of excitement going into Indy.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I'm driving up shortly. Tailgate will be up and running by 4 across from the HamFam if you want to stop by. 

I am also hoping to park in that general area!! Was lots of construction on the road there in June and I am leaving a bit later than normal, but should still be out of the HBG area by 3pm!! 

To everyone...should be a great night!! Go Blooooo!! ✌️

• Like 2

Alright BD let's make it four outta the last five tonight! But the phenomenal men and women of Canton are coming and they are no where near done with you yet! No doubt Bloo is going full throttle till the end. You better be up to the challenge. DO IT UP DEVILS!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

this came into my youtube feed for some reason - thought it might be of interest to our CA friends -

https://youtu.be/uxPdPpi5W4o

back in 2008, 400,000 black hollow plastic shade balls were placed in an LA water resevoir, which remains in use, to reduce the likelihood of the sunlight-fueled bromate -

The black plastic balls were created in Allentown, Pennsylvania by Orange Products Inc.

I think this is BDs night no matter what. I’m betting Bluecoats get GE but the rest, Blue Devils will probably top them. This sounds weird but I think Bluecoats need the whole top 6 with them to push ahead of BD. I say that because, Boston in Guard and Crown with Music kind of set that ceiling for corps as the top in both those captions. With that ceiling, judges are limited with the scores they can give and everything tightens up ever so slightly. With how close it is as the top, Bluecoats can really use those extra 0.05 or 0.1 of a point that might come across with the other corps there to sneak ahead of BD with their GE.

Just a random thought I had...

Considering driving up to the show tonight, but won't be arriving until about 6.30 due to work commitments.  What are parking options for a late arrival?  I haven't been to this stadium since ToB finals in 1988, and I didn't have to worry about parking since I was on the bus so I'm pretty clueless other than knowing that parking stinks.