Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

The 3 shows that I really wanted to watch were totally terrible. Flo did something with the sound starting with BD. Sounded like time delay and playing two audio tracks at the same time.

Restarted stream to miss half of SCV and everyone is mic'd up hornlines so you can hear anything and Bloo ....... sorry. Hate the ending. Sholuld have left it the way it was. And for FLO, the absolute worst transmission of the season. Not liking any of this.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

My winner:  The Bluecoats

Why:  They play music rather than horn exercises..  It's immensely entertaining.  I have seen the SCV show several times and none of it sticks.  They are talented, but what they are playing never sticks in my mind.  This was the first time seeing Blue Devils.  So, I'll wait to a second viewing to judge.  Meanwhile, you don't have to see the Bluecoats show more than once to "get it" and enjoy the hell out of it.

I had to see Bluecoats more than once before i liked it, just saying.

All three were great, but did think SCV has the most flawless performance. I'm guessing they'll all be within a point of each other again (if not a half point).

• Like 3

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I think there’s some wishful thinking going on here tonight.  None of those top three had a rough run. 

It's the "Flo Effect".

It's like an audio-vertigo based on electronically imbalanced streams.  Or as I will call it from now on...

"Flotigo"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

"taking the field"....is this a full retreat?

Just now, Rich Cline said:

The 3 shows that I really wanted to watch were totally terrible. Flo did something with the sound starting with BD. Sounded like time delay and playing two audio tracks at the same time.

Restarted stream to miss half of SCV and everyone is mic'd up hornlines so you can hear anything and Bloo ....... sorry. Hate the ending. Sholuld have left it the way it was. And for FLO, the absolute worst transmission of the season. Not liking any of this.

Like I said, I’m glad that tomorrow night is my last experience with flomarching for the year.  I guess they can say something nasty about me during DCI but that's ok. I’ll be there.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I like how different opinions has become gaslighting recently

Oh, I see a lot of trolling on here.  There was one poster who after almost every performance posted "That was a rough run".  They ALL couldn't have been rough.