Allentown, PA - Saturday, August 3, 2019

2 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I am curious. If lets say the Cavies take first tonight and also score higher than SCV scored last night, would they premier at Prelims as the 3rd to last corps to perform.

posted from the DrumScorps app

No

11 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

I am curious. If lets say the Cavies take first tonight and also score higher than SCV scored last night, would they premier at Prelims as the 3rd to last corps to perform.

posted from the DrumScorps app

They would need to score MUCH higher than the Bluecoats.

Something like 5.613 points higher than SVC.  (maybe this isn't correct, but close).

Edited by PamahoNow

49 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

If I ever win the lottery enough to pul a Bill Cook, I’m gonna name the corps The Bluey McBluersons. It’ll be an old style VK corps and the color blue will never be on the field in any way. 

So -- NEVER play the blues?  That's a lot of music to ignore. LOL

29 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

This is one of the problems with Allentown.  No one really knows.  Officially, it is the same show, with the same judges, and is treated that way in the calculations for placement on Thursday. But, what if one of the judges has an off night on Friday or Saturday?  We can only hope for the best.  Maybe it is time for a real same day third regional.

Plus the weather can be completely different for those 2 days. What if today is perfect?  I'm sure the light(e)ning delay was not optimal for Academy and later. 

• Like 2

These judges have all seen these shows before, judged them many times, and sat through crit probably over a dozen times. They know what they are looking for. Personally I feel like by the end of today we will know with great certainty how the entire final 12 will sit in retreat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Cavies win tonight 

I’m hoping for a win, but think it will be very close between them and Crown.

Either way, there’s a chance one or even both beats SCV’s score from last night, even if it doesn’t have a huge effect on Prelims seeding.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

30 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

These judges have all seen these shows before, judged them many times, and sat through crit probably over a dozen times. They know what they are looking for. Personally I feel like by the end of today we will know with great certainty how the entire final 12 will sit in retreat.

Juxtaposing the phrase great certainty vis a vis a group of adjudicators seems somewhat oxymoronic, but I certainly hope your supposition proves out tonight.

Gotta have picks for my ‘Vegas sports book guy no later than Weds. p.m...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Not entirely true. For instance, three of the four GE judges have never judged Mandarins before. The brass and percussion judges have only seen them once and that happened in just the past week. It’s a shame that critiques end before Atlanta because West Coast corps are at a disadvantage when it comes to encountering judges on tour who are getting first reads late in the season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1