Allentown, PA - Saturday, August 3, 2019

More wardrobe changes than on Oscar Night.  😂

The stage and the visuals were well used.  Hard time following, but nonetheless, fun show by Spirit!  

After all the hype, surprised by how rough SOA was, both design and execution. Lots of stuff not lining up and many rough sounds. It seems they aren't able to clean or refine this late in the season. Just a really bad run? Enjoyed Crest much more. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

So odd that so many corps have the pit on the field this year. Was there a memo that went or something saying this should be a thing?

That Michael Cesario guy?

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Don’t believe SOA will make the cut with that performance. 

Yeah, that run seemed a bit off.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

My Windows PC is clear as 720p gets.  Sound is exceptional tonight articulate in the mid range.  Sub bass is strong too.

System is Onkyo 717 as pre-pro, Emotiva XPA-5 250 wpc in 3.2.  Klipsch CF-4 speakers (dual 12" woofers), Usher MTM center and dual 15" subs 700 wpc.

Won't name names... but I worked on the field (volunteer) at the ATL show. You would be surprised what is coming out of the speakers from some of the top corps. Gets a little mixed from the stands FLO had mics maybe 1ft away from some of the speakers... but not all (which I though was odd). My position was something like... 8 to 10ft away from the speakers. Talk about blast zone.

Just now, westcoastblue said:

After all the hype, surprised by how rough SOA was, both design and execution. Lots of stuff not lining up and many rough sounds. It seems they aren't able to clean or refine this late in the season. Just a really bad run? Enjoyed Crest much more. 

Just hasn't cleaned as much as I thought it would when I saw it in June, lots of changes, I think that's their 2nd new ending in the last week and a half.  I think they're trying to find some points in design to give them that push, just not quite there yet performance wise to jump into that tier.  

SLuuNeB.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

Spirit's show makes the case against having the pit and big stages on the field.  When corps members cross the front sideline to perform, whatever they are doing visually becomes part of the clutter that includes drum major podiums, microphones, speakers ect.   It ain't pretty.

Edited by bluesman
grammar
  • Like 2