Allentown, PA - Saturday, August 3, 2019

Anyone working on a combined recap sheet? 😁

Edited by jasgre2000

What was the Mandarins penalty for?   1st one i've seen this year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

so scores ran a little lower tonight - I wonder if that will stick for Indy or weather they just ran lower as the night went on

overall pretty much as expected

Crown takes GE, Visual (with 3rd in Guard) and swept all music

Cavaliers 3rd in visual to Boston - Boston taking guard by a mile

Cadets 3rd in Percussion 

Won’t see too many people from this panel in Indy. So the dynamics will change. Scores are going to fluctuate. As long as the placements hold up and I don’t think there will be any movement in placements except for maybe the Cavaliers. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2

Just now, Cappybara said:

The shaft? The score they got is the score they got. Hopefully next year Gaines will put out a better visual production that doesn't consist of bland grey uniforms and slow movements from one prop to another. 

Eh, i think its fair for some to see an advantage in going on on night 2 of allentown. Has always felt that way to me, barring some other challenge like weather coming into play. And how could it not be, if everyone is working to get a little bit better every day of the season, of course the shows that go on a day later will be advantaged. 

• Like 3

Just now, AlexL said:

Eh, i think its fair for some to see an advantage in going on on night 2 of allentown. Has always felt that way to me, barring some other challenge like weather coming into play. And how could it not be, if everyone is working to get a little bit better every day of the season, of course the shows that go on a day later will be advantaged. 

Historically, placements from Allentown to prelims remain relatively consistent. I haven't noticed any big differences despite the two night format 

• Like 1