Allentown, PA - Saturday, August 3, 2019

38 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

The difference between 3 through 6 is almost negligible, save Boston’s guard. It appears gold and silver will be between BC and BD, and we can all celebrate the fact that whomever wins the gold will have again set a high bar for next year.

If BD doesn’t win it will be the first time since 2005\2006 that they were not first  within 2 years. Seriously since 1994 top 3 except that weird year in 2005. I think a side trip to Europe has a big play in that. Top 2 since 2007 to 2018. 

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Yorktown is a great town! We love visiting the "historic triangle" region.

Yes.  I literally live 200 yards from battlefield - family joke is George Washington's outhouse was in backyard.  Interesting to live in place where tourists visit.  You can spot them by how they drive

• Like 1

What do you all think of Ricky's tempo on the shot into the neighbor's flower pot?  His neighbors don't seem to appreciate the demand and exposure, which is off the charts. What more do they want?  One leg? Leaning sideways?  Blindfolded (a la '83 Bridgemen)?  That said, he really sells the ending.  Can't wait to see it again (and again...) next week.

Edited by MadScout80

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

If BD doesn’t win it will be the first time since 2005\2006 that they were not first  within 2 years. Seriously since 1994 top 3 except that weird year in 2005. I think a side trip to Europe has a big play in that. Top 2 since 2007 to 2018. 

I believe BD will win. In the end, the third through sixth place corps are pulling too many points away from BC to win with just GE. It’s going to be very close for sure, but technical execution will win out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I believe BD will win. In the end, the third through sixth place corps are pulling too many points away from BC to win with just GE. It’s going to be very close for sure, but technical execution will win out.

I get the idea of ordinals and slotting and "leaving space" based on performance order, but the idea of corps "pulling away" points from other makes zero sense to me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I love my corps 🙂

You do? None of us would have ever guessed! 

Seriously, they are great this year. After Cavies, Crown, and BAC performed, I had no idea which would win which is why I believe the scores should have been closer.

I will say this: when it is said at the end of the show that the only guarantee is that none of them will see Heaven, for a group from the wrong side of the tracks headed down the road of perdition, they’re pretty clean cut and well dressed!😋

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, billj said:

I get the idea of ordinals and slotting and "leaving space" based on performance order, but the idea of corps "pulling away" points from other makes zero sense to me.

It is possible that BC won’t win a single caption but still win the gold. That would be as narrow an escape as one could imagine.

10 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Funny that there wasn't one comment about Mandarins tarp on the 50 but all hell breaks loose when SCV had one :whistle: 

One simply covers the helmet at LOS and doesn’t otherwise obscure the majority of the staging; the other blinded the entire front stands and obscured the vast majority of the design that took place anywhere between the 30’s. 💁‍♂️