Allentown, PA - Saturday, August 3, 2019

9 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I mentioned this years ago on here a some thought that’s impossible. But again captions are average of all nights for those awards. And yes I do believe Coats didn’t win any average captions but did score and win when it counted. And not only that it’s very possible that a corp be 2nd and maybe 3rd in captions and sub captions and still win the whole damm thing. It’s about numbers and that’s it. 

If memory serves bluecoats won GE only and of course won the championships in 2016

crown won brass visual and colorguard SCV won perc 

I remember being disappointed because BD didn’t win any captions and  still placed a head of crown. was hoping crown would finish second that night 

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:39 PM, Cappybara said:

Cavies win tonight 

CB, as many calls as you’ve been cash $$ on this season, the laws of probability were bound to catch up with you eventually.

For the record, I’d utilize any handicapping you might offer for finals week, when I call my bookie Wednesday night.

No way in hell I’d go against your picks twice in one season 🎲🎲

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

If memory serves bluecoats won GE only and of course won the championships in 2016

crown won brass visual and colorguard SCV won perc 

I remember being disappointed because BD didn’t win any captions and  still placed a head of crown. was hoping crown would finish second that night 

Yeah I thought they won GE. And yes BD didn’t win a caption award but overall scoring was good enough to be 2nd. That proves my point that a DCI Champion can not win a caption but overall point totals make them the winner. 

5 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

CB, as many calls as you’ve been cash $$ on this season, the laws of probability were bound to catch up with you eventually.

For the record, I’d utilize any handicapping you might offer for finals week, when I call my bookie Wednesday night.

No way in hell I’d go against your picks twice in one season 🎲🎲

You win some, you lose some. I'll keep you posted on Wednesday :guinesssmilie:

• Thanks 1

Heck Cadets is good enough to win percussion and finish  no higher than 8th. Has any corps finished that low while winning a caption?

5 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Heck Cadets is good enough to win percussion and finish  no higher than 8th. Has any corps finished that low while winning a caption?

The Oakland Crusaders. You didn’t hear this famous story? They won percussion on prelims but failed to make the cut. Can’t remember the year but it was 75 or 76?. And the caption head for them was the famous Tom Float.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

The Oakland Crusaders. You didn’t hear this famous story? They won percussion on prelims but failed to make the cut. Can’t remember the year but it was 75 or 76?. And the caption head for them was the famous Tom Float.

I thought it was ‘77.