Allentown, PA - Saturday, August 3, 2019

1 minute ago, Jeffe77 said:

The bridge prop got me thinking, do corps still have to go up that steep entrance to the stadium? If so, God help the support staff and corps getting those big props up that hill.

posted from the DrumScorps app

They do. Mandarins had to push their behemoth stage up that hill last year and then didn't even get to perform their field show because of the rain.

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

I’ve lost so much respect for the design team of the Cadets. I thought they made great strides last season, then this year pushing their political agenda, I don’t think the audience really enjoyed being preached to. The show feels forced, and completely self serving. They’ve lost me as a fan. 

It’s a big middle finger to Hop and it doesn’t work.

• Thanks 3

Designers do better wherever you end up next year 

Man, much love to these talented young adults! You've managed to polish up a turd. I hope you break 90 this year!

Another corps with moments of brilliance and moments of insanity and absurdity.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Thanks 1

Cadets have cleaned the drill somewhat.   Not a lot of memorable moments in that show.

1 minute ago, Old Corps Guy said:

What is the record for the lowest percentage of brass playing in a show? Cadets must be threatening to destroy this record.

posted from the DrumScorps app

They make up for a lack of playing by throwing themselves on the ground and spinning about for no apparent reason.  😖

Yes.  Cadets did indeed pull off another miracle performance in Allentown.  Vastly improved!  Good job.

• Like 1