Allentown, PA - Saturday, August 3, 2019

4 minutes ago, mrk said:

I used the FloSports app on Fire TV via WiFi (Comcast) and had zero issues all summer. First time I made it through the summer without the ethernet cable.

Yeah, that FloSports App for FireTV is a game changer for me. Glad they finally came around and ported it to that platform. I have an older Roku, but would rather not have to switch back and forth (I'm pretty much committed to the Amazon/Alexa/FireTV ecosystem). Now, I just ask Alexa to start FloSports, and she complies!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Kinda hard to say that because SCV Performing same night with Coats and BD while Crown was not. But maybe but past results had Vanguard winning over Crown by a lot. Head to head is of course the factor. 

Allentown is actually meant to be the exception to this rule of not comparing against two separate shows as the judges stay the same and use the scores last night to aid in their scoring tonight. The judges tonight said Crown was the 3rd best corps over the two nights but I agree with you. No Crown person should celebrate too much until this happens again in Indy.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Kinda hard to say that because SCV Performing same night with Coats and BD while Crown was not. But maybe but past results had Vanguard winning over Crown by a lot. Head to head is of course the factor. 

Correct me if i am wrong, but while Allentown is broken into two nights, it's judged like all the corps are performing head to head on one night. Again if i am wrong, my apologies. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but while Allentown is broken into two nights, it's judged like all the corps are performing head to head on one night. Again if i am wrong, my apologies. 

You are correct. It is judged as one show. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Nope you are 100% correct. Overall, they have Crown 4th in GE, 3rd in Visual and 1st in Music. SCV was 3rd in GE, 4th in Visual and 3rd in Music. Those aren't too far off the norm from past shows really other than Crown's GE took a decent jump tonight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

Allentown is actually meant to be the exception to this rule of not comparing against two separate shows as the judges stay the same and use the scores last night to aid in their scoring tonight. The judges tonight said Crown was the 3rd best corps over the two nights but I agree with you. No Crown person should celebrate too much until this happens again in Indy.

It’s meant to be that way but I remember 2014 BD won the first night and Coats the following and it was not a huge score difference but in reality it wasn’t close. But Coats fans were excited nonetheless. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

It’s meant to be that way but I remember 2014 BD won the first night and Coats the following and it was not a huge score difference but in reality it wasn’t close. But Coats fans were excited nonetheless. 

Exactly, I'm excited with the results for tonight but I don't expect them to hold in Indy. I would love to be proved wrong but it's not that important to me. Getting 3rd this year is just icing on the cake for a great year in my eyes.

• Like 6