Allentown, PA - Saturday, August 3, 2019

Reading through this thread now that I'm back from Bloo rehearsal (which was awesome, BTW).

Congrats to Crown on a great performance and score, the latter of which of course beat SCV's from last night. I'll reserve my thoughts on the fact that this happened over two different nights for another day and/or another thread.

Congrats as well to PC on a great showing and cracking their all-time highest score. Looking forward to a Top 15 finish from them, and I hope they are our next new Finalist corps in a year or two!

Weird to see Mandarins get a penalty, as there haven't really been any in DCI since 2015 Championships (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Drinking some Tanqueray right now. Gin is a beautiful drink.

Looking more and more like I'd enjoy hanging out with a bunch of y'all!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, xandandl said:

One could have heard a pin drop at JBC during Gabriel's Oboe ballad tonite.

I just said the EXACT same thing on another thread. JBC was silent!

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

It’s meant to be that way but I remember 2014 BD won the first night and Coats the following and it was not a huge score difference but in reality it wasn’t close. But Coats fans were excited nonetheless. 

Actually it was 2010 not 14. 

1 hour ago, jasgre2000 said:

Crown was 6th in GE at Atlanta. 3rd is a huuuuge jump, and makes no sense in my mind. Given that SCV’s GE scores looked very suspect last night, I don’t think you can take much of anything from this show.

Crown got 4th in GE over both nights. In Atlanta they finished in 6th, but that was 0.2 pts behind 4th...the same difference from 4th and 6th tonight so it’s not as crazy as you think. I would say it was less of a jump from Crown but more of a drop or stagnation from SCV.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Come on down in Indy. Holiday.inn Express across from LOS! Right next to Basey’s. 

Wish I could go this year!

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Come on down in Indy. Holiday.inn Express across from LOS! Right next to Basey’s. 

I lost my license at the bar on finals night right before I had to fly home.  

😬

Thankfully they mailed it back and I didn’t have to get cavity searched before they let me on the plane home.  

• Like 2