Show new replies shows ignored users

FYI -- not a biggie:  If you have ignored some users and are browsing a show thread (using iPhone/Safari), often there's a pop up that lets you know when there are new posts. If you choose to show the replies or go to the first new post, it appears your ignored users list is itself ignored and all posts are displayed. 

10 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Did you write something? 😀

Who? Me?

On 8/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, CrownBariDad said:

FYI -- not a biggie:  If you have ignored some users and are browsing a show thread (using iPhone/Safari), often there's a pop up that lets you know when there are new posts. If you choose to show the replies or go to the first new post, it appears your ignored users list is itself ignored and all posts are displayed. 

Randy - sorry for the delay in responding. Its been one of THOSE weeks, as you might expect.

I suspect the issue is related to the fact that we use an API into the forum database from the DrumScorps app to get the forum content.  I'm guessing that the 'filters' for ignored users (and probably others) is implemented in the IPB user interface, which the API probably doesn't consider.  I'm not sure if we can add a filter to the request we pass the API to exclude those posts from the result returned to us.

It will take a bit of research to confirm and resolve, which we can add to our list for possible future improvements.

-john

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

Randy - sorry for the delay in responding. Its been one of THOSE weeks, as you might expect.

I suspect the issue is related to the fact that we use an API into the forum database from the DrumScorps app to get the forum content.  I'm guessing that the 'filters' for ignored users (and probably others) is implemented in the IPB user interface, which the API probably doesn't consider.  I'm not sure if we can add a filter to the request we pass the API to exclude those posts from the result returned to us.

It will take a bit of research to confirm and resolve, which we can add to our list for possible future improvements.

-john

Just to make sure I didn't confuse you -- you mentioned the DrumScorps app. The issue I'm seeing is with the forums in the regular Safari browser.

I DO have a feature request I'll post on the DrumScorps app thread in the WC Forum.

Thx!

21 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Just to make sure I didn't confuse you -- you mentioned the DrumScorps app. The issue I'm seeing is with the forums in the regular Safari browser.

I DO have a feature request I'll post on the DrumScorps app thread in the WC Forum.

Thx!

OH - my bad. I mis-read your description, Randy.  

That's straight IPB code, so we'll have to see if they find a fix along the way. There is an update pending, which I'll apply after the pandemonium quiets down a bit in the coming week.

-john