Kingston, NY -Saturday, August 3

Double Post

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

Back on topic, more or less...

A weekend off coming up for the DCA corps... then the last head-to-head of the regular season between the Buccaneers and Caballeros on Aug. 17.  Along with several "chase pack" corps... Sabers, Fusion, and the show host Bushwackers.

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Back on topic, more or less...

A weekend off coming up for the DCA corps... then the last head-to-head of the regular season between the Buccaneers and Caballeros on Aug. 17.  Along with several "chase pack" corps... Sabers, Fusion, and the show host Bushwackers.

It's going to be interesting for certain. If I remember correctly, CV will have the final score of the regular season. But which score actually determines seeding at Prelims?

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

It's going to be interesting for certain. If I remember correctly, CV will have the final score of the regular season. But which score actually determines seeding at Prelims?

Unless the rule has changed, I believe it's a corps' highest score of the season, regardless of when and where that occurs.

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Unless the rule has changed, I believe it's a corps' highest score of the season, regardless of when and where that occurs

Excellent. It's going to be interesting for certain. I know I'm a bit of a homer, but I would really like to have seen CV head to head w/ Bucs and Cabs. In an earlier thread, we had all spoken about the show in Winston-Salem. I REALLY wish they would bring that show back (as much as I hated the pit having to schlep a full front ensemble half way across the world.) It would do a lot to give us a true idea of where the non-northeastern corps truly land prior to championships. I don't see CV falling out of the top 5, but only having one score since mid-July really hamstrings them IMHO. 

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Unless the rule has changed, I believe it's a corps' highest score of the season, regardless of when and where that occurs.

Correct

6 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Excellent. It's going to be interesting for certain. I know I'm a bit of a homer, but I would really like to have seen CV head to head w/ Bucs and Cabs. In an earlier thread, we had all spoken about the show in Winston-Salem. I REALLY wish they would bring that show back (as much as I hated the pit having to schlep a full front ensemble half way across the world.) It would do a lot to give us a true idea of where the non-northeastern corps truly land prior to championships. I don't see CV falling out of the top 5, but only having one score since mid-July really hamstrings them IMHO. 

It might help them a bit that their final score... what most likely will be their seed score... before championships will happen the weekend before, not two weekends before as was the case not too long ago. An extra week of prep time now.

And heck... with the "revisit the scores before the final numbers are put down" system now in use, seeding doesn't matter quite as much as it used to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

It might help them a bit that their final score... what most likely will be their seed score... before championships will happen the weekend before, not two weekends before as was the case not too long ago. An extra week of prep time now.

And heck... with the "revisit the scores before the final numbers are put down" system now in use, seeding doesn't matter quite as much as it used to.

if i recall, the last few years folks that judged at Reading also judged in Atlanta the next night. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

if Will Pitts isn't sacrificed full blown Temple of Doom style while the Blue Devils dance around his body.

From what I've read on the DCI side, I think some of the Cadets people want a show like that too.... :eh:

Would the show be called "Will and the Volcano"?

• Haha 2

The show results are interesting, the tie between White Sabres and Bush, and Fusion in the same rough neighborhood. have your top 3, though it might be a 1, 2-3, then a 4-8 chunk, then 9 then 10 from the looks of it. 

That 4-8 cluster looks interesting, each seem to have their strengths and weaknesses.