Buffalo, NY (Drums Along the Waterfront) - August 4, 2019

28 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I've heard on Flo the sound of a rope be spun in a circle.

Yes -- the sound is there and I see what he's doing with the flag. 

Edit: But a wide sash of fabric (to be visible up top) with a little weight in the middle to help it twirl nicely might be a good effect. It doesn't have to be an actual sling in size or proportion. 

Edited by CrownBariDad

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Yes -- the sound is there and I see what he's doing with the flag. Edit: But a wide sash of fabric (to be visible up top) with a little weight in the middle to help it twirl nicely might be a good effect. It doesn't have to be an actual sling in size or proportion. 

A few weeks back it was mentioned that the Goliath character should make an appearance near the beginning of the show.  During a skirmish, he picks up the smallesst guard member and tosses them at a group of guard members, but they do not collapse like the tilt ending by BC.

The weight you mentioned CBD could be a small bean bag.   

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, craiga said:

It is a mistake to push the panic button on the BAC percussion scores.  Scores are opinions by the judges on any given night and we as spectators have no special knowledge of what the judges are hearing.  Here's what I know:  Boston has an incredible drum line with a great group of hard working members and a percussion staff with multiple rings in their pedigree.  They are family and we BAC alumni will support them unconditionally as they prepare for finals.  Period. Eat 'em Up, Boston!

There is nothing disloyal or unsupportive about discussing things that are concerning. 

Agree with what you say except that I think the situation is panic worthy. The problem has been evident since June. The MMs and staff are top notch. That’s why the problem is concerning.  It’s an anomaly. Instead of inching upwards, they’re sinking like a rock. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EuphoniumDad said:

Watching a from-the-stands video of Allentown, I think the entire (?) guard twirls their flags a la slings and that's "the" (sic) shot.

If they are going to use multiple slingers I think they should add Nick Offerman and Megan Mullalley to the show.  

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Algernon said:

BAC = Building A Colt-beater

I read this as "Building a Cult"...I mean, I guess it wasn't too far off...:4_joy:

Y'all...it was a joke. Guess we now have to put disclaimers with every post so someone doesn't get offended.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I read this as "Building a Cult"...I mean, I guess it wasn't too far off...:4_joy:

Y'all...it was a joke. Guess we now have to put disclaimers with every post so someone doesn't get offended.

Maybe it stands for Butthurt About Comedy.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Yes -- the sound is there and I see what he's doing with the flag. 

Edit: But a wide sash of fabric (to be visible up top) with a little weight in the middle to help it twirl nicely might be a good effect. It doesn't have to be an actual sling in size or proportion. 

I think David uses a rifle.

17 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Maybe y'all have to understand what is a joke and what is an insult.  Why wouldn't people be offended?  You are being offensive!  

• Like 1

Just now, LabMaster said:

Maybe y'all have to understand what is a joke and what is an insult.  Why wouldn't people be offended?  You are being offensive!  

Okay, if you say so. If that offends you, I think you might want to stay inside from now on and not have any human contact.

• Sad 1