Buffalo, NY (Drums Along the Waterfront) - August 4, 2019

2 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Here is hoping for another awesome three way battle between The Cavaliers, Carolina Crown, and the Boston Crusaders.

NO FEAR CAVIES!

"There is no Corps we fear...we march along and sing this song...for we know that we never, never  will go wrong...so march onto victory Cavaliers!" 

• Like 1

Colts:

Awesome job! Crowd was very responsive to hell “freezing over.” In most other years, they would be in the Finals conversation.

My row is surprisingly empty and I’m on the 25. If nobody else comes, I’m moving down.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

My view for tonight. Colts pit already on deck.

AJd0uJb.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

Perfect seats for Crown!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, onionhead said:

Hey Boston ...... time to do some sleighing !!

Blue Stars do the sleighing, Boston does the slaying!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Mandarins:

Wow, that was VERY ambitious. That’s going to take several viewings for me to really digest. See you at Finals!

(Also, one of their speakers was popping on my side during the closer, so that was annoying.)

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Mandarins:

Wow, that was VERY ambitious. That’s going to take several viewings for me to really digest. See you at Finals!

(Also, one of their speakers was popping on my side during the closer, so that was annoying.)

Ah that’s a darn shame about the popping speaker. I don’t think they’ve had any kind of issue like that all season, so that’s unfortunate if it started today. I hope that doesn’t affect them negatively with the judges. 

32 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Colts:

Awesome job! Crowd was very responsive to hell “freezing over.” In most other years, they would be in the Finals conversation.

My row is surprisingly empty and I’m on the 25. If nobody else comes, I’m moving down.

So... The Buffalo crowd...

They aren't as... enthusiastic as most.  I wouldn't be surprised if it looks quite bare when it's all said and done.  This show has been held at 2 much smaller venues before.

Also keep that in mind during the big moments of the night.  This crowd doesn't usually get terribly excited.

It's a strange dynamic, considering the rich drumcorps history in New York State.  But we are now quite far removed from DCI involvement.  My hometown houses the White Sabers (DCA). It's a small town, but even with that presence, most people are completely unaware of drumcorps.  Schools in NY don't let out until the very end of June... so there's that incompatibility as well.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1