Mandarin's Score @ Allentown 08-03-19 : The first WC Penalty this year?

It's a lazy day here in Arizona and, in preparation for my first trip to a DCI Finals ( I witnessed the 1965 VFW triumph of the Chicago Royal-Aires in Chicago ) , I was reviewing the Allentown recaps produced by DCP and fromthepressbox..

The DCP recap recited a Total Score for the Mandarins of 87.875;  DCP's  08-04 Overall Total Ranking for 2019 listed Mandarins Last  (08-03) Most Recent Score as 87.125, a difference of 0.7. 

The ftpb recap recited a Sub Total Score of 87.625, a 0.500 Penalty and a Total Score of 87.125 .

Anyone know if a penalty was assessed, for what reason(s) and if it was just one penalty  or ??

Thanks for your response.

Hope to see some of you in Indy. I will be one of the old guys with canes hanging out @ the Downtown Marriott or LOS with the Regiment contingent.

Michael Sullivan, Soprano Bugle, Phantom Regiment,1956-1960.

Michael Boo reported that it was because of a motorized vehicle on the turf.

10 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

Mandarins were told it was for entering field early...despite being told to do so by field official

it wasn't for entering early - they took a vehicle onto the turf

35 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Michael Boo reported that it was because of a motorized vehicle on the turf.

By turf, do they mean the actual football field/performance area or just astroturf in general? How do you enforce such a penalty when the field in places like a dome is completely turf?

1 minute ago, gbass598 said:

By turf, do they mean the actual football field/performance area or just astroturf in general? How do you enforce such a penalty when the field in places like a dome is completely turf?

Generally it's between the white lines, including the white lines. That's where they're afraid that an 1/8" depression will cause a football player with a $35 million contract to trip and break their leg. 

26 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Generally it's between the white lines, including the white lines. That's where they're afraid that an 1/8" depression will cause a football player with a $35 million contract to trip and break their leg. 

yeah - it's pretty clear on video where they cut across the playing surface

I actually thought they or Regiment may get a timing penalty - seemed like both on the field way early

other possible penalty was Boston's brass warm up creeping into the stadium during a couple performances

but turns out only the tractor was penalized

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

yeah - it's pretty clear on video where they cut across the playing surface

I actually thought they or Regiment may get a timing penalty - seemed like both on the field way early

other possible penalty was Boston's brass warm up creeping into the stadium during a couple performances

but turns out only the tractor was penalized

The stadium guys are really, really picky. They would much rather not have the #### marching bands messing up their fields. So, to keep them at bay...

• Like 1