Aug 5 Tour of Champions - Akron

I love watching Crown march. Gabriel's Oboe gets me emotional. Crown gets biggest response (so far).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Next on the field and competing in DCI World Class is the Boston Crusaders from Boston’s, Massachusetts. Here is their 2019 program information, courtesy of Drum Corps Xperience:

Goliath

Enough of Our Machines by Ryan Lott
Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Roland Orzabal | Ian Stanley | Chris Hughes
On the Shoulders of Giants by Peter Graham
Giant Steps by John Coltrane
My Shot by Lin-Manuel Miranda
Fanfare for Rocky by Bill Conti
Once Upon a Castle by Michael Daugherty

13 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

This section selection reaches back to the 2013 show in a lot of ways. The theme itself, with its mathematical basis, does so as well.

Was just commenting on that yesterday to one of my former students, who's passion is to march Crown someday.

• Like 3

I will say this: Boston gets great use out of the Plinko boards.

• Like 3

Big sound from the horns as they turn front and belt us with Everybody Wants To Rule The World!

What’s great about tonight is that we’re seeing the front runners in Brass (Crown), Guard (BAC), Percussion (SCV), and GE (Bloo) go head to head.

• Like 6

Just now, Precious Roy said:

Look like you had the sub-optimal side of the field for Crown's show.  But it is the definitely the optimal side for Bluecoat's show.

You make do with what you get.

• Haha 1

Second time tonight we get On The Shoulders Of Giants. This rendition is much more in your face and all about the fingers flying on those valves, which makes sense since this is British brass band rep.

That stick on stick playing the snares do during their feature in the opener slays me. Every time.