Aug 5 Tour of Champions - Akron

19 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Akron   18.60  Hope that percussion score continues to improve more than those who have been ahead for awhile.  Well done percussion members and staff.

So makes you wonder what that CLOWN was doing in buffalo. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I want to say Vanguard 1987.  They did the wind-up thing with The Red Pony.  Do I have the right year?

SCV ‘85 did the encore ending you’re thinking of; it set us up to do the “fake tunic front tear off” gag with the white stripe and extra star underneath. We were issued extra stars for that one performance. 

• Like 3

Just now, E3D said:

says you. 

Boy, you really are Captain obvious today. 

First you tell me that people have biases and now you quote my own comment and tell me that I said it 🙄

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, dureau said:

I give up on DCI scoring method. It is just plain unjust. Slotting only hurts those under the top two or three. It is a farce. Give them the scores you have on the scoring cards and be happy with what you did as a scorer. Rediculous.

What result(s) were you expecting?  Where do you think the judges failed?

28 minutes ago, Ediker said:

What result(s) were you expecting?  Where do you think the judges failed?

I already said, slotting placement is not only not representative of reality it is the major reason people don’t trust the judging. I hear it all the time. Especially in the stands. 

1 hour ago, E3D said:

says you. 

Yes, says him. And he is right. 

My flight from a five-day trip returned just in time to drive down and see this show with friends and family. Big crowd, with long lines -- even just to get in the gate.

Personally I would have had Crown ahead of SCV, and BAC ahead of Cavaliers, and Crossmen ahead of Phantom.

Also, I think the conclusion of Phantom's "Eternal Glory" is better than anything in Mandarins' show, but I can reluctantly accept that Mandarins' overall quality is more consistent.

• Like 1