Aug 5 Tour of Champions - Akron

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Why are people so against dark shows? I wonder if it's a generational thing because I love dark shows 

Staring into someone's open throat all the time, I could understand that of you.

However, the flash of braces once in awhile might give some variety and balance...and even remind one of hornline appearance.

7 hours ago, Jast45 said:

Bluecoats at the Akron show were phenomenal, and the akron venue is the greatest venue. Please have this show here every year from now on and ditch massilon.  As much as i love the sound at Massillon because of the overhang, akron is just so much better for it all:  crowd size ( anyone have a total?) merchandise (Blooo’s souvie line was packed all night long) concessions and bathrooms, sound was still awesome, announcements and corps speakers all could be heard clearly (though the same woman announcer always cracks me up, she gets something wrong every year  i think she jumped the gun at the end of the cavies’s show lol)   Parking? Maybe a little unorganized from exchange street and i do think they weren't so efficient in getting everyone through quickly for bag checks etc.  but lots of police on the streets for traffic afterwards and it looked like corps had good spots for their trucks and busses, and the stadium is just beautiful and the entrance and exits of corps for set up etc looked so easy (compared to buffalo). And what an amazing crowd. They know how to watch and appreciate drum corps. No talking around me at all during a performance and then the applause and love they showed!!  I hope all the corps felt it.  What a great send off to Indy for all of them.   And the program was amazing. Bloo was pouring out the love for everyone who has supported them. That is a lot if work to put together.  All in all it was a great great night of drum corps.. the best way to enjoy summer. And bluecoats this year are inspiring.  

Agree. You can hold a major regional at the University of Akron stadium. It's incredible and easy to access and walk around.  Great sound, too. Concessions need to be better, but that will get fixed in time. All the corps were fantastic, and the crowd seemed to love everyone. Of course, Bloo is truly special this year. 

• Like 3

Monday night was a great lineup! The stadium is a great venue but had some issues...

Akron Stadium will need to figure out better entry process for that many people in attendance. Bag checks took lots of time. That was not so good Monday night. Maybe just better signage or someone announcing where will call versus ticket purchase is located would help. Buses unloading right at the main gate also made things difficult. The reentry policy probably should not change mid show. Also get rid of vendors coming into the stands during shows. 

I do agree that the lot before and after the show is very accessible and that helps. 

Bill, you in here?

Mike

• Like 2

On 8/6/2019 at 9:44 AM, E3D said:

This is what they posted. 

1. The Cavaliers are being criminally underscored this season. Kinda crazy honestly 

2. Phantom's making moves 

I replied to the bold part which does not say they see them moving up, it says they are criminally underscored. I obviously did not agree with that 

I only meant to say that, in addition, I (not “they”)  could see them moving up. But I can see where my statement could’ve been read as such.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:12 PM, FLBuzcut said:

Rhythm in Blue

qk60ROs.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I see me!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/6/2019 at 3:26 PM, jwillis35 said:

Agree. You can hold a major regional at the University of Akron stadium. It's incredible and easy to access and walk around.  Great sound, too. Concessions need to be better, but that will get fixed in time. All the corps were fantastic, and the crowd seemed to love everyone. Of course, Bloo is truly special this year. 

Once Nashville finishes their new mls stadium, you could hold a Regional here as well.

Just now, Ghost said:

Keep your fingers crossed that our Son gets one of the mgmt. positions.

I’m pretty good friends with John Ingram.