Aug 5 Tour of Champions - Akron

Pit opens the next movement of the show as the horns move to the right side of the field before starting Hurt. Great sound from the horns as they play to the left side of the field. That’s where I am, so I’m getting a nice reflection of sound off the wall.

• Like 1

I think this is the first rendition of Hurt I’ve heard which doesn’t have a soloist for most of the song. Really gives the horns a chance to show their stuff.

Yeah, this is a definitely listen on the CD when they come out, and more than a few times.

Here comes the drum line. Front and center. Meanwhile, a trombone quartet starts playing Ride of the Valkyries.

OK, make that at least EIGHT trombones.

Drum line finishes their feature on the front of the field, side 1 30 yard line, next to the pit. Horns are back in.

Nice footwork by the brass as they put on another technique clinic with their playing.

Guitar and bass take the stage. New ending for me as we get a a quote from the Ring Cycle. Very Phantom of them, in a good way.

• Like 1

Crossmen

QhSli2e.jpg

VNm3yWl.jpg

LO24G0w.jpg

UX6MusX.jpg

vCES3Cu.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3