Is Phantom's Drumline the reason they stay in finals?

1 minute ago, LuvsPAisTe said:

Yes?

R U serious?

I'd say "no." They are consistently placing in 12th in most captions, including GE. I'm sure percussion is helping out the GE scores, so it's difficult to separate the two. But also, percussion is not significantly outpacing corps placement, is it? 

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

No.  

They beat Spirit of Atlanta in every caption except colorguard in Allentown.

Percussion is a big positive, but the show is solid overall after some big changes and it has cleaned well.  

i'd say Mandarins percussive issues helps 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'd say Mandarins percussive issues helps 

If Mandarins percussion was equal to the rest of their scores they’d probably be ahead of Cadets and near BK and with BStars. I’m sure off season they will address that weakness.   

52 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

If Mandarins percussion was equal to the rest of their scores they’d probably be ahead of Cadets and near BK and with BStars. I’m sure off season they will address that weakness.   

wasn't that their least successful caption last year as well?
Odd in that the program coordinator is a big name in WGI percussion...lots of talented drummers in California, should have plenty of opportunity to rectify the issue

• Like 1

It happens. I’m sure as individual members they are very talented but as a unit they are struggling. Believe or not BD had major percussion scoring from 91 thru 93. They had amazing brass lines in 91 and 93 but percussion was a big issue until 1994 when Scott Johnson came to town.