DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/5

Just now, Jake W. said:

+Music City's trumpet soloist losing it at the end of his Hallelujah solo, Pacific Crest two years ago just going balls to the wall full blow-down-the-stands mode with California Dreamin' two years ago. I mean just threw all tone and balance out the window and went for it. Mandarins' drum major Kelly Ho losing it at the end of their Forbidden Forest show in 2016 with what was then their highest placement/score ever and they knew it.

I love those moments in quarters and Semis!! Putting the shows to rest after a summer of rehearsal. Lots of emotions.

That Mandarins one got me really good.  

Nice guard flag solo on the podium!!!!  Simple but unique.

1 minute ago, Jake W. said:

+Music City's trumpet soloist losing it at the end of his Hallelujah solo, Pacific Crest two years ago just going balls to the wall full blow-down-the-stands mode with California Dreamin' two years ago. I mean just threw all tone and balance out the window and went for it. Mandarins' drum major Kelly Ho losing it at the end of their Forbidden Forest show in 2016 with what was then their highest placement/score ever and they knew it.

I love those moments in quarters and Semis!! Putting the shows to rest after a summer of rehearsal. Lots of emotions.

OH yes.  I loved that Forbidden Forest show.  That was a harbringer of the sort of stuff they'd transition into.   

MCDC's soloist got me too.

Anyway...dang 7R   Pure Imagination sounded great.

• Like 1

After the break. Southwind.  They're doing Ordinary World!  I've always wondered how that'd work on the field.

Are they not announcing scores until the end?  Please tell me they will announce scores throughout the day during prelims at Lucas

Samantha Brown -- but you have to show your ID to claim your wallet.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Are they not announcing scores until the end?  Please tell me they will announce scores throughout the day during prelims at Lucas

If I recall correctly, they do.  Of course, keeping the last scores until the end.

EDIT:  This is for Prelims at Lucas, not OC Prelims.

Edited by CrownBariDad
Clarification
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

Samantha Brown -- but you have to show your ID to claim your wallet.

I like her travel show on PBS.