DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/5

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Pioneer wishes they could have delivered this much Irish-themed swagger.

No kidding.  I like this.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

I agree with you. I was pleasantly surprised by all three of them, and can only imagine what a full spring training and tour would do for all of them. 

Unfortunately, I don't think that'll ever be in the cards for the Spartans, and years back I remember someone telling me they enjoyed the smaller Open Class tour and didn't really have a desire to do so.  Also, they have a very heavy New England membership base (unless things have changed), and many schools up here are in session until late June, sometimes even towards the very end of June if they have to make up snow days.  Their move-ins were June 21st for three weeks, followed by nearly a full week off in July, then rejoining in mid-July to rehearse and depart for tour.  For them to be performing at this level with that late of a start is a huge accomplishment.

I remember hearing similar things over the years as well. I know the corps doesn't look (or didn't look) too fondly on their foray into WC (Div 1 at the time) and wasn't interested in repeating it. Happy where they were, like you said. Maybe that will change after this season. I sure wouldn't mind it!!

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 1

A lot of times, a group this small is tentative in their playing, but these guys are just going for it. Very fun

posted from the DrumScorps app

SARGE!!! R. Lee Ermey!!!! God, I really like the kids - this is the kind of cojones (whatever the Irish word is - cahoogies?) that the Cirque du Soleil started with ....

Edited by Jim Alberty

Teachers -- don't you wish your students were as well behaved as this young man?

• Like 1

REALLY nice job for a small ensemble.  Writing for limited instrumentation is hard, but it still sounded full.

I agree with BlueStarsDad -- I want to see them in Indy.

• Like 2