DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/5

21 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

A few hours later, still shook.  

You said it sister. I’ve got them right up with Troop & Scouts in my mind. That will be a terrific little battle on Friday afternoon. I really have been loving what Troop is doing this year..so much nuance, refinement, and flowing musicality...and those two polar opposite, lovable designs would be a treat to watch back to back.

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I think the necklace is edible rock candy.  The 'many bracelets' is so very very 80s midwest.  

Did you all really, reeeeeeally come here specifically to attack someone's outfit choices? Shouldn't you be here to discuss...you know...drum corps? The actual subject of the thread? Who cares what she is wearing? It's DCI. Not NYFW. Maybe listen to what she is saying instead of making fun of a stranger just because you're an ######## and don't have anything else intelligent to say to propel the conversation taking place about DRUM CORPS.

• Thanks 1

I have a ticket to attend Finals. Fingers crossed that the storms pass through before show time.

Very impressed by Stentors being so close to Finals after taking a year off.

• Like 3

Edited by Den8uml

35 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

Open Class are scored on different sheets than WC ?  Yes ?

Not since 2014 or so, same sheets.  If it’s like the last few years the bottom half or so will drop at prelims and the top groups will open up a bit.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Not since 2014 or so, same sheets.  If it’s like the last few years the bottom half or so will drop at prelims and the top groups will open up a bit.  

Normally I'd say its because SCVC and BDB staffs know how to design a show that looks on par with WC shows.  But Spartans have that in spades this year.  I'm curious to see if they're rewarded similarly.  They totally should be.

Also, I think the lower groups dropping is likely more a 'well we need to save room at the top so we're not giving BD and Bloo 99.95 tonight and then getting railed at on DCP and Reddit when they get a 98 something on Saturday."  

Edited by KVG_DC