Hostrauser's DCI Power Rankings - Week 7 (8/5)

41 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

I think '89 takes the cake. Still the record for highest score in sixth place.

Yes. Star of Indiana with a 95.3 only good enough for 6th.

In 2007 there were SEVEN corps that scored 94+. I think the 2007 Bluecoats 7th place score of 94.05 will never be topped, but who knows?

This year, there might be some more "spacing" done in the Top 6, but I'd be surprised if the 6th place corps at Finals is below 94.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:03 PM, hostrauser said:

Yes. Star of Indiana [in 1989] with a 95.3 only good enough for 6th.

In 2007 there were SEVEN corps that scored 94+. I think the 2007 Bluecoats 7th place score of 94.05 will never be topped, but who knows?

It took 18 years for Bluecoats to beat the previous record-holder for seventh place: Madison Scouts in 1989 (with 93.6).

So we should revisit this question in 2025.

72.375 Southwind

----------

71.904 7th Regiment

71.756 Guardians

71.448 Cascades

71.274 Louisiana Stars

71.103 River City Rhythm

Setting aside any adjustments based on the past two days' results, that's an amazingly tight clump just outside the semifinals window.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

72.375 Southwind

----------

71.904 7th Regiment

71.756 Guardians

71.448 Cascades

71.274 Louisiana Stars

71.103 River City Rhythm

Setting aside any adjustments based on the past two days' results, that's an amazingly tight clump just outside the semifinals window.

Southwind and Louisiana Stars separated themselves from the pack yesterday, but 7th Regiment, Guardians, and River City Rhythm were only 0.45 apart.

10 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

Southwind and Louisiana Stars separated themselves from the pack yesterday, but 7th Regiment, Guardians, and River City Rhythm were only 0.45 apart.

Speaking of which, from my (absolutely perfect) vantage point last night in the stands, I had personally ranked Guardians, River City Rhythm, and 7th Regiment in that order and less than a point apart.

Have you ever done an end-of-season comparison of the weekly rankings vs. final results? It'd be interesting to see how they changed over time.