What would you think if...

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

I went to a show and it sounded really good and I enjoyed it. Am I the only one?

Some of the synth bass was a little obnoxious (*cough* BD), but other than that I'm right there with you.

21 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Got word that there was even a presentation at one of the recent DCI meetings where a thorough presentation was done by said top corps about how little DCI staff knew about Soundscapes and the equipment required to do a good job at electronics on a football field.. 

Yes, that word was from DCI during or after the Januals. The focus was on doing soundscapes right and not doing a hatchet job like we have seen from several corps in recent years.

3 hours ago, One n Done said:

....you learned that a top 6 drum corps had wireless mic’s on over 30 of it’s brass players?  What about tempo remotely broadcast to in-ear units on performers in the field?

I'd say we predicted things like this in 2003 when the first type of electronics was made legal. cats out of the bag now, no putting it back in

• Like 2

3 hours ago, One n Done said:

....you learned that a top 6 drum corps had wireless mic’s on over 30 of it’s brass players?  What about tempo remotely broadcast to in-ear units on performers in the field?

Couldn't care less. More knowledge, more possibilities, etc. I do know that we would not want to mic any 30 of most Dci brass lines say 30 years ago. I think DCI is in it's prime of excellence, creativity, and entertainment.  

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

This is an Electronics arm race people...

It is who can outspend who and who has the best sound guy.

Bluecoats is currently winning this arms race.. But I suspect some serious investment will be made by all finalists corps to make sure that they understand the soundscapes and fine tuning that needs to go into producing a 2020 DCI show on the field..

Having seen a good number of shows live in Buffalo, It is clearly obvious that every one is micing their members and choosing when and were to artificially increase their volumes.... The best are doing it and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Got word that there was even a presentation at one of the recent DCI meetings where a thorough presentation was done by said top corps about how little DCI staff knew about Soundscapes and the equipment required to do a good job at electronics on a football field.. 

Good stuff.

42 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

I’d feel like I was under the impression that it has already been happening for years now.

I don’t think many know how big the sound design discrepancies are just within the top 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, westcoastblue said:

Couldn't care less. More knowledge, more possibilities, etc. I do know that we would not want to mic any 30 of most Dci brass lines say 30 years ago. I think DCI is in it's prime of excellence, creativity, and entertainment.  

Thanks for the response.  

27 minutes ago, One n Done said:

I don’t think many know how big the sound design discrepancies are just within the top 6.

So?

I would guess Bluecoats , then SCV, Blue Devils, Cavaliers, Crown, then Boston.

That order of use.   

4 hours ago, One n Done said:

I would half-expect to learn that the rules against that were removed back in January.  If not, then they will be in January 2020.