What would you think if...

4 hours ago, One n Done said:

....you learned that a top 6 drum corps had wireless mic’s on over 30 of it’s brass players?  What about tempo remotely broadcast to in-ear units on performers in the field?

How about you speak plainly about what you know and present some evidence? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, One n Done said:

As yet, nobody seems too concerned that an advantage may OR may not be in play.  I’m more interested in what fans think vs. who the hypothetical transgressor might be.  There’s always been advantages to money.  Design, instruction, etc...  This may be different.  Decibels, tempo, selectively amplifying portions of a group in what are thought to be full ensemble moments.  Imagine the impact of having the advantage of projecting tempo to performers that is exactly what the group rehearses at and that accounts for discrepancies in staging/distance.  There are maybe 3 groups that can afford the equipment and people to do this.  If it WAS happening, how would you FEEL?

Why would I care? It's legal. There have been rule proposals to limit brass amplification; they were voted down. If corps don't like it, they should change the rules. If they do like it, they shouldn't #### & moan during finals week that someone else is doing it better!

• Like 3

Remember a few seasons ago when Bloos front ensemble was spread apart and the members each had ear pieces in. At one of the shows I believe  the contest judge asked to listen in the ear piece to make sure there was no tempo being produced. Not sure of the result. 

In 2017 SCV had a grouping of members with mics. Can’t remember the number 8-12??? In fact those members had different colored uniform then the rest of the corps.its apparent in the recordings if uou know what to listen for.

at Finals in 2017 I was in the blast zone like every year. Bloo was so loud and amplified I had to hold my ears. And I love loud, but this was ridiculous.

Edited by GREENBLUE

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know if this is happening or not but if it is, I know who I’d put my money on.  Hypothetically speaking. 

Oh yea...there is one corps that loves over amplification.

Bluecoats are obnoxiously over amplified. Cavies would be my next guess. How do we know that corps aren't adding perfectly executed and performed pre-recorded brass to the mix???

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

Bluecoats are obnoxiously over amplified. Cavies would be my next guess. How do we know that corps aren't adding perfectly executed and performed pre-recorded brass to the mix???

That has already happened, and you wouldn’t know it from the stands.

Well, if this is intended to be merely a guessing game, then I’ll guess Bluecoats. But, I enjoy all this better on Flo and rarely attend live at the ‘theater.’  To this extent, I’m totally invested in enhanced, electronic delivery !  Entertained by artificial gimmicks and what will become ever-growing technological ‘flavoring’ that has no real bounds.

So what?  I am free to choose what interests me and grabs my attention. Right now, I’m good.

This is a matter the entire body of competitors will deal with after the season. They’ll either prevent this going forward . . . or join in. Typically, they’ll simply choose to join the party and continue a never-ending search for an ‘edge.’

• Like 1