What would you think if...

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Keep in mind this poster also calls judges "clowns" when he disagrees with their assessments. Take what is said with a grain of salt 

You still crying about yesterday? 

1 minute ago, Glenn426 said:

Though there is #### sure specific volume level patches that are preset for LOS. And other volume levels for small HS stadiums, and Large football arenas. It is that precise at the top of the activity right now.

ABSOLUTELY. I'm super impressed that they're able to get the quality they are without having the time to ring out and tune the venues before each performance. I'm sure they have the frequency response of LOS saved from year to year so they are prepared. 

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I can state with 100% confidence that there is not a select group in the Bloo ensemble that is miced to enhance the ensemble sound. There are soloists who are miced for their solos but their mics are off when they are not featured. But by all means believe what you want.

Also in the discussion is the tempo in ear pieces. 

Your 100% confidence does not = 100% proof. Same goes if I say something like "I can state with 100% confidence that corps X is having a tempo played in ear pieces". 

Thanks for allowing me to believe what I want. Next you will tell me "don't believe what your eyes hear" ROFL 

• Confused 1

Just now, E3D said:

Your 100% confidence does not = 100% proof. Same goes if I say something like "I can state with 100% confidence that corps X is having a tempo played in ear pieces". 

Thanks for allowing me to believe what I want. Next you will tell me "don't believe what your eyes hear" ROFL 

Every live performance on this scale uses some sort of monitoring. 

So? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

I can state with 100% confidence that there is not a select group in the Bloo ensemble that is miced to enhance the ensemble sound. There are soloists who are miced for their solos but their mics are off when they are not featured. But by all means believe what you want.

I would have believed that and didn't notice individual mics on video, but the picture posted by Eleran showing a baritone with an individual mic sure does seem odd. Considering that I don't recall there being a Baritone soloist during the show? The soloist come to the front and play into the mics on the front Sideline.. And the low brass are all playing Trombone.

And I believe that you have seen them rehearse, but I would imagine that closed rehearsal are for a reason. Unless you were a volunteer and had special access to closed rehearsals nobody knows what happens during those closed rehearsals. 

Also to your point about levels and nobody communicating levels during a rehearsal. The way that I have seen that happen is that the Sound Mixer will wear headphones with the person instructing them of Mic corrections patched into their ear, so nobody on the field knows when a Mic level change is happening, even during a rehearsal, Because the only people that need to know is the guy saving the scene mix during rehearsal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, billj said:

Saw SCV, Cavies and Bloo Live. They all seemed amplified in some way but Bloo had a trumpet feature farther back on the field and they were louder coming out of the speakers than from the field. That seemed odd. 

Its ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I would have believed that and didn't notice individual mics on video, but the picture posted by Eleran showing a baritone with an individual mic sure does seem odd. Considering that I don't recall there being a Baritone soloist during the show? The soloist come to the front and play into the mics on the front Sideline.. And the low brass are all playing Trombone.

And I believe that you have seen them rehearse, but I would imagine that closed rehearsal are for a reason. Unless you were a volunteer and had special access to closed rehearsals nobody knows what happens during those closed rehearsals. 

Also to your point about levels and nobody communicating levels during a rehearsal. The way that I have seen that happen is that the Sound Mixer will wear headphones with the person instructing them of Mic corrections patched into their ear, so nobody on the field knows when a Mic level change is happening, even during a rehearsal, Because the only people that need to know is the guy saving the scene mix during rehearsal. 

Thank you for your thoughtful response. But yes, I have access to closed rehearsals. You are right, I don’t know what is being communicated via phone or head set to the mixing board but I am still confident that there is no God squad ala SCV 2017 in Bloo. I will inquire about the bari mic.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

I am happy to have given you a good laugh today! 

• Like 3

Having gone to several shows live this year, I did notice multiple pit personnel using "In-Ears" as well.  I have no idea what is fed into the "In-Ears"...……………..

• Like 1

Bloo even did a video on their in-ear monitors back in 2017, talking about how they enabled the hornline to play together despite being spread out all over the field.

We’ve known about the tempo earpieces for a while now.

• Like 2