What would you think if...

In the future, people won't be asking who the brass instructor is, but who the sound person is.

Somebody will be able to afford Diplo and it's all over.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

In the future, people won't be asking who the brass instructor is, but who the sound person is.

Somebody will be able to afford Diplo and it's all over.

As far as that goes, the future is now. Several people pay attention to who the sound person is.

19 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

The number 1 driver of success in this activity has always been fundraising.

The Cadets would disagree with this statement.

• Like 1

Somewhat related to this topic is a discussion between Doug Thrower and Matt Jordan about "The Cacophony" in "The Bluecoats".

4 hours ago, Eleran said:

GE would increase, probably

Gross or Gas Effect?

7 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

Crown is deceptively using a lot of electronics with their hornline.. They have shotgun mics strategically placed around the field to capture the hornline at just the right moments. My heart sank a bit when I realized that the Hit in the ballad and the immediate rush of volume during the hit was being done with assistance from the Mics that are on the stage, which they are aiming right into.

The Intro also has a mic on the 40 - 30 yard line (side 2) that is live and pumping the hornline for most that intro... Along with high octave female vocal patch that is quite noticeable live.. 

I noticed that Crown was using some because of the Orlando show rainout standstill event. I noticed how the horn line didn't sound as Richmond. That's the right way to describe it in the opener with the high octave female voices as you call it missing. Sadly it's just a fact of life I guess.

2 hours ago, Eleran said:

That's a subjective assessment, and one with which not everyone agrees.

Just like DCI judging 

2 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Jim Ott would string you up by your hackey sack for accusing the '78-'80 SOA horn lines of not being #### near perfect in clarity and balance.  Those horn lines worked hundreds of hours just to achieve that sound.  If you gave Jim the sound equipment that Bloo has today, he would put a horn line out there that would make the rest of World Class quit playing at all.

And before anyone says anything, I quit DCI almost a year ago.. yes.  And I tuned in this week to see how many of my doomsday predictions came true.  Sadly, all of them.  Peace out...

This week has been bad for other reasons; three of which made national news.   DCI isn't one of them. Let's get some perspective.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

22 hours ago, One n Done said:

....you learned that a top 6 drum corps had wireless mic’s on over 30 of it’s brass players?  What about tempo remotely broadcast to in-ear units on performers in the field?

What would I think?

"Boy, I really should clean out that sock drawer... I'm never going to wear those primary color striped abominations".

Who cares? Really, what are the implications?