What would you think if...

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Hmm not only are you confusing facts from opinion, but now you're just making assumptions out of nowhere. I never said anything about the bolded sentence. You assumed it. I hope I don't have to pull out the dictionary for that word either.

Electronics, by the nature of dependence corps have on them these days, cause large disruptions in a performance (if something goes wrong). These disruptions have a negative consequence on the effectiveness of the performance and the music, and it should be reflected as such in the scoring sheet. A frack from a trumpet during a solo isn't even comparable. 

"I'm not asking for a Tick for every mistake"

Those are your words.

10 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I didn't get to respond to the Cavalier tarp issue yet (not sure if you brought it up).  What was the Cavalier's visual content and achievement score?

How do you know that they were not advised on their tarp?  Did their placement and score not reflect their content and achievement as per the tarp issue? What score did they deserve?

I didn't say that Cavaliers were or were not faulted by judges for tripping over their tarp. I only said that they should have been. And you responded " That's. not. what. they. show. up. for."

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think there would be a good use for that for big blunders, but would be wholly unnecessary for smaller issues or otherwise we'd essentially be going back to the tick system

So, more like:

9.59.4Goo+

*Goo+=Your thunderous goo was just too much through the whole show

Edited by Precious Roy
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Electronics, by the nature of dependence corps have on them these days, cause large disruptions in a performance (if something goes wrong). These disruptions have a negative consequence on the effectiveness of the performance and the music, and it should be reflected as such in the scoring sheet. A frack from a trumpet during a solo isn't even comparable. 

Well put.

Just now, Cappybara said:

And that is where you are confused.

No.

The addition of adjudication tapes demonstrated a lack of consistency in defining 'ticks'.  The move was made to go to a positive achievement based scoring method.  The Tick system as it had become was no longer relevant or adaquate to meet the vision of adjudication.

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

"I'm not asking for a Tick for every mistake"

Those are your words.

Good lord. 

I'm not sure how I can make this any clearer. Large errors, such as an ensemble tear or electronics issues that lead the audience and judges to not hear a portion of the performance and thereby have a significant affect on the effectiveness of the musical performance should have a visible negative effect on the GE and MA captions for that performance. 

Yes, I am not asking for small things such as an early entrance, a member reaching their spot a beat too late, or a trumpet frack during a solo to be penalized because I am NOT advocating for the tick system. I am advocating for issues that have significant effects on the "general effect" of the performance to be reflected on the sheets. I hope this clears things up for you. If not, I am done explaining, sorry. 

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

I didn't say that Cavaliers were or were not faulted by judges for tripping over their tarp. I only said that they should have been. And you responded " That's. not. what. they. show. up. for."

You said they should have been in the context of making an argument that corps are not.

I did reiterate the truth... A factual truth (as we do not have a tick system... But an achievement award system)...

Corps don't show up to get punitive scores.  That's a fact.

On 8/5/2019 at 7:48 PM, One n Done said:

....you learned that a top 6 drum corps had wireless mic’s on over 30 of it’s brass players?  What about tempo remotely broadcast to in-ear units on performers in the field?

I've been wondering  who was going to open this can of worms.  Electronics need to go away period.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

No.

The addition of adjudication tapes demonstrated a lack of consistency in defining 'ticks'.  The move was made to go to a positive achievement based scoring method.  The Tick system as it had become was no longer relevant or adaquate to meet the vision of adjudication.

Unless you can find me a document from the decision-makers who facilitated the removal of the tick system that corresponds precisely with the reasoning you are giving me here, your reasoning for the removal of the tick system is nothing but your opinion. THAT, my friend, is a fact.