What would you think if...

Another thing is - I wish the interviewer would have asked the sound guy / aka cirque guy his age. :lol:

Maybe you can figure out an estimated age.  He was in the Bluecoats Cymbal line in 1995.  

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Another thing is - I wish the interviewer would have asked the sound guy / aka cirque guy his age. :lol:

Maybe you can figure out an estimated age.  He was in the Bluecoats Cymbal line in 1995.  

Reminds me of hearing the intro for an “alumni” corps some years back. Announcer gave the age range of the members. Knowing when the competing corps broke up I thought “well if they are all alumni of the corps some of them marched in diapers”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Reminds me of hearing the intro for an “alumni” corps some years back. Announcer gave the age range of the members and I thought “well if they are all alumni of the corps some of them marched in diapers”.

Best guess is Aaron is late in his late 40s maybe creeping in to that other decade.  And he has been doing this a long time in NY and LV.

42 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Freaking hilarious! :w00t:

I am sure you get the point - In my opinion that person should be of age to march just like all other members. 

45 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Maybe you can figure out how to use quote function. 

56 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes in answering this question without specifying live or recorded.

What live or recorded music do you consume that isn't first passed through the filter of a sound engineer or projection system of some kind?

Drum corps. 

Well, it is intuitively obvious that ANY recording has "passed through the filter of a sound engineer".

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, E3D said:

Freaking hilarious! :w00t:

I am sure you get the point - In my opinion that person should be of age to march just like all other members. 

He is a designer.  As far as I understand ALL of the designers of almost ALL of the corps are far in excess of 21. 

E3D --- What are you talking about???  Or are you just showing your ignorance?

His full time job is in Las Vegas with michael jackson one by cirque du soleil.

Did I use the quote function to your satisfaction?

Edited by PamahoNow

7 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

He is a designer.  As far as I understand ALL of the designers of almost ALL of the corps are far in excess of 21. 

E3D --- What are you talking about???  Or are you just showing your ignorance?

His full time job is in Las Vegas with michael jackson one by cirque du soleil.

Did I use the quote function to your satisfaction?

Nahhh mate you been drinking? Maybe you messed the quoting up due to many dranksss?

I think  the sound engineer should not be an engineer but a corps member - that was my point. FOR ALL CORPS! 

Go back to your cooler and grab a bartles and jaymes and hit the relax button. 

8 minutes ago, E3D said:

Nahhh mate you been drinking? Maybe you messed the quoting up due to many dranksss?

I think  the sound engineer should not be an engineer but a corps member - that was my point. FOR ALL CORPS! 

Go back to your cooler and grab a bartles and jaymes and hit the relax button. 

Does this also mean the Visual designer should be a corps member?

Does this mean the Percussion Arranger should be a corps member?

Does this also mean the Brass Arranger should be a corps member?

This is sheer lunacy.  If not, why one and not the other?  Certainly you may hold that opinion, but it has never been that way in DCI.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Does this also mean the Visual designer should be a corps member?

Does this mean the Percussion Arranger should be a corps member?

Does this also mean the Brass Arranger should be a corps member?

This is sheer lunacy.  If not, why one and not the other?  Certainly you may hold that opinion, but it has never been that way in DCI.

Do the above people do anything that affects how the corps looks or sounds during the show itself? 

No idea what the sound person in question does during the show so same question applies