DCI Open Class World Championship Finals - Tuesday, August 6, 2019

I guess the 2nd and 3rd place flip serves as a reminder. It is never over until it is over Congrats on 2nd Legends and once again congrats to the Spartans for the championship.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Wahooo. Congrats Spartans! I knew there was something special when seeing them at the East Coast Classic.  They came out with swagger and talent delivering on a smart show.  

• Like 1

Since DCI changed its Prelims/Semifinals format in 2011, Spartans have made all except the very first of the new "Top 25." They also won the former Division II twice (2004 and 2007). Now, they are finally the first Open Class champions to hail from beyond the West Coast, and only the second from outside of California.

While I'm not sure of their financial status, or even whether they have the desire to do so, based on the above, I think they are more than deserving of moving up to World Class.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Uh oh. Now they’ll have something to talk about.  😂 

Go for it.  The commentary people do a good job for the most part.  But dang the graphics people need to be sat down and explained "greater than" and "less than"   I mean really all they have to do is type the scores in as they're announced.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Bragging rights moment: I predicted after East Coast Classic in June that Spartans would be the Open Class champions, and  after seeing Legends in New Hampshire in July, they would be 2nd. I was told it would be Gold, but I stuck to my guns. I never get predictions right, so I’m happy. Saturday when WC finals rolls around, I probably won’t be singing the same tune.😋

Congratulations Spartans! 

I was really pulling for Gold in 2nd. Oh so close. EVERYONE did a great job.

posted from the DrumScorps app

21 minutes ago, acolli17 said:

I have no way of watching, what happened for Southwind?

CorpsScores says Southwind got Most Improved. 

@CorpsScores: ③ #DCI2019 #DCIOpenFinals
Spartans-Brass, Guard, Visual, GeneralEffect
Legends-Percussion
Southwind-MostImproved
Battalion-DirectorOfYear

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Uh oh. Now they’ll have something to talk about.  😂 

I'm gonna lose it Thursday if their final graphic of the night has like Southwind's score, followed by the Blue Devils, then some Soundsport group etc. 

• Haha 1

yes the 'grats Southwind" was for the "most improved"  Sorry I didn't get that in there.  They were rolling through scores.