DCI Open Class World Championship Finals - Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

If that happens, I’m getting a screenshot.

Be ready for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Mead09 said:

Well done Spartans well deserved

Really looking forward to seeing you on Thursday and Friday

And Saturday!  OC Champ opens the show in exhibition

• Like 1

Different shows different years etc. 

2018 SCVC won with 79.425

2017 SCVC won with 80.725

2016 BDB won with 79.9

2015 SCVC won with 81.225

So this Spartans show holds up QUITE well in comparison.  We'll never know for sure, but I do believe this show would have gotten one and maybe both of the California corps.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 4

Golden Empire 4th in percussion tonight!

and Legends got that percussion award by .05 or it would have been a Spartans sweep.

Gold and Legends so close across the board.  Music Analysis and Percussion was what pulled them just up

River City Rythmn medaled in the achievement subcaption of music analysis

posted from the DrumScorps app

Someone with wikipedia is on the ball.  I just checked a few pages for some details and they already have the show summaries color coded with Open Class medals and finalists. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Golden Empire 4th in percussion tonight!

and Legends got that percussion award by .05 or it would have been a Spartans sweep.

Gold and Legends so close across the board.  Music Analysis and Percussion was what pulled them just up

I thought Legends had a phenomenal run tonight, looks like the recap rewarded that.  I liked Golds show more, just got a little loose in a few parts tonight.  

1 hour ago, Jim Alberty said:

According to people I spoke to (BITD) modern drum corps started in New England in Malden, MA (guess who I was speaking to) - now it's Boston, 7th Regiment and Spartans - c'mon Nashua, bring it home! 

Charlie?

21 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

While I'm not sure of their financial status, or even whether they have the desire to do so, based on the above, I think they are more than deserving of moving up to World Class.

From conversations I had with staff/members way back in the 2004-2007 heyday, it wasn't on their radar. I believe they were pretty content remaining as an open class corps. It would also be very difficult to pull off a full tour, as they have most of their membership drawn from New England, which is notorious for having a late school year. I remember most years in MA we'd go until about June 20-25 depending on whether we needed to add extra days to make up for snow days. Spartans' move-ins this year were June 21 for two weeks, followed by a week off after July 4th, and then started their full tour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

River City Rythmn medaled in the achievement subcaption of music analysis

posted from the DrumScorps app

And Shadow in percussion content.  Had they been able to clean it, it seems they would have gotten rewarded handsomely   Keep in mind, you age out of Shadow at high school graduation.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1