DCI Open Class World Championship Finals - Tuesday, August 6, 2019

15 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

And Shadow in percussion content.  Had they been able to clean it, it seems they would have gotten rewarded handsomely   Keep in mind, you age out of Shadow at high school graduation.  

Their age limit is 14-18 per their website. I’m thinking they allow recent high school grads. If not, that seems awfully strict. 

Note to self: next year, book a hotel rather than driving the 4+ hours back after this show ends at 11:30 a.m.

Edit: er, that is to say, 11 p.m.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 3

The crowd was so loud when first place was announced that I couldn't hear Spartans' score.

(And this was a crowd that was heavily populated with Legends parents.)

• Like 1

The Colt Cadets' mom next to me asked if she could take a picture of my notebook where I'd written down the scores, which of course was fine.

But when I reached my car, I heard Brad Bell come back on the microphone to announce three score corrections, including for her child's corps.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Note to self: next year, book a hotel rather than driving the 4 hours back after this show ends at 11:30 a.m.

100% agree ... true fact is corn is not more interesting in the dark😊

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Their age limit is 14-18 per their website. I’m thinking they allow recent high school grads. If not, that seems awfully strict. 

I was told last night at the show that Shadow allows 18-year-olds to march in the summer following their graduation.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Rain looks cleared out now. Dad said it poured in Ft Wayne this morning but the sun came out. 

I drove through it in Ohio yesterday afternoon. Very heavy at times, especially near Toledo.

(Which is not to be confused with Dayton. Totally different city.)

On 8/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, cmchandler said:

Noooooo!!! Flashbacks of last year in Michigan City... Ended up not being able to do a full OC retreat because of bus driver limitations after the hours-long rain delay.

I wonder if that contributed to this year's move to Marion, which is much closer to Indianapolis.

59 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I wonder if that contributed to this year's move to Marion, which is much closer to Indianapolis.

Yah. A corps housed around Marion can just stay put and bus it into Indy for the performances.  Less logistical mess too

also, I remember some talk of whether the rain delay was gonna push performance times past midnight and make issues for noise ordinances. There’s houses around that stadium if I recall.  Whereas at IWU they’ve just got whoever might be there early (I.e. student athletes) who’ll be up late anyway on campus. It’s not really “right in” Marion. Almost out to Gas City

Edited by KVG_DC