4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

BK 2014

BD 2015 and 2011 and 1998

Bloo 2012

Blue Stars 2014

SCV 2016

Cadets 2013 

Phantom 2010 and 2012

Oh yes! I definitely have to agree with you on BK 14, BD 11, SCV 16, and Bluecoats 12.

I remember going to the Georgia Dome in 2014 and watching Blue Knights show. I was about in tears afterward. 

First drum corps show that moved me to tears live was Crossmen's 1991 show. Specifically, "Dream of the Return." I still love that show so, so much.

• Like 4

BD 2015.

BD's first come from behind win..............

Children will listen, arguably one of the top 15 DCI ballads of all time................

and little Clara putting that corps on her back and bringing them across the finish line..................DO IT UP CLARA..........DO IT UP.

Game Over. 

2016 Academy is one that hasn't been mentioned yet.  Part of it was watching them make that journey into finals, part was how happy they looked and the reception they got on finals night, but the closer was.........something special.  Just 3+ minutes of pure beauty and emotion.  I watched that one yesterday and it just blew me away and gave me all the warm and fuzzies.

I will 2nd Blue Knights 2014, that show really touched me.  Saw that in the theater with my grandma who I am so close with and it just made me think of her.  I definitely cried.  Hands down best usage of narration I've seen in the activity.  Perfectly planned and executed and made the show come alive.  And that whole closer is just...........haven't seen or heard anything that made me feel like that on a football field.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Going with Madison for this:

1984 - Memory (Cats)

2011 - Empire State of Mind - had my wife dancing in the stands in Denton, and she’s not a drum corps person.

• Like 1

88 Vanguard  "Phantom of the Opera"

89 Cadets  "Les Mis"

91 Vanguard  "Miss Saigon"

95 Cadets  "An American Quintet"

97 Madison  "The Pirates of Lake Mendoza"

00 Boston  "Red"

08 Crown  "Finis"