Shows that move or touch you

i attended my first show in 2008 so I will go with what I saw live.

2009 SCV - Saw it in Mesa, AZ and my husband and I almost cried when we saw that first time. It was just as powerful to us as we watched online as the season progressed.

2016 Academy - We had poured a lot of ourselves into the corps for 7 years and I think I watched the last half of the show with tears in my eyes from the joy of watching them finally making it to Saturday night. "The Effort is the Prize".

2017 BD - Watching your kid age out will always touch you. "Concord Blue Devils" ... Gave me the shivers the first time I heard it, and it does every time I listen/watch now. That show meant so much to the members. They felt honored, and a sense of responsibility to perform that show well for the all those who came before them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

That's like saying the only part of Old Yeller that moves you is the ending.

I meannn if a movie didn't entertain/move me for the first 75%, would I really put it on my favorites list?

Carolina Crown 2003

Carolina Crown 2005

Carolina Crown 2007

Carolina Crown 2009

Carolina Crown 2013

Santa Clara Vanguard 1987

Santa Clara Vanguard 1989

Santa Clara Vanguard 2009

The Cavaliers 2010

Phantom Regiment 2003

Phantom Regiment 2010

Cadets 2000

Cadets 2007

Cadets 2012

Cadets 2014

The Academy 2016

Blue Knights 2014

Blue Knights 2015

Bluecoats 2019

Star of Indiana 1991

Star of Indiana 1993

• Like 1

1984 Suncoast Sound, when the girl dances in front of the wall and loses her balloon.

1987 Sky Riders, West Side Story, at the end when the black and white factions come together and embrace.

1987 Cadets, Appalachian Spring, the tag ending when they play themselves off the field.

2003 Spirit, during "October" when the big flags come out with images of Zingali, Royer and Ott (I think that's who, if I recall. It was hard to focus through the tears).

2011 Scouts, New York Morning, at the end of the violent section when everything stops and the corps members look up in horror. There was one snare drummer who visibly wept each time they performed in Indy and every time it tore me apart (okay, I might be crying now...).

2014 Blue Knights, That One Second, when the narrator talks about her grandmother's hands and how her skin was like paper, and the closer.

2018 Cadets, The Unity Project, From Ara Batur to the end. A) because it was so beautiful and B) because the Cadets still existed.

2019 Blue Knights, I Remember Everything, from Hurt to the end.

2019 Carolina Crown, Gabriel's Oboe, simply because it's so beautiful. 

• Like 1

Being completely honest, Spartans show moved me a bit tonight. That ballad.

19 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

BD 2015.

BD's first come from behind win..............

Children will listen, arguably one of the top 15 DCI ballads of all time................

and little Clara putting that corps on her back and bringing them across the finish line..................DO IT UP CLARA..........DO IT UP.

Game Over. 

Only time my 'awwwww' button was pushed by BD.

Probably will never happen again 😄

• Haha 1