Shows that move or touch you

Madison Scouts playing " Ice Castles"....I980..drum major takes out banner at the end during long chord..And Pacific Crest playing the love theme from " Chinatown"..simply beautiful!

Phantom 2011 - Elsa’s. ‘Nuff said.

Madison Scouts 2013 - man, someone a few years ago told me to go and watch that show if I want to be “hit in the feels” and boy he was right. 

Bluecoats 2011, when they played “Creep” - will always have a special place in my heart as this segment alone got me into drum corps.

Bluecoats 2014, ballad - the entire show was absolutely killer. The ballad was so emotion-filled that the impact was like, “wow, okay. Yep. They took a fun show and made it dramatic. This is neat.” 

Blue Devils 2017 - “Concord Blue Devils! *closing impact, with inevitable goosebumps*” the ballad hint in the closer with the trumpets will always put a smile on my face as my eyes water with joy.

Cavaliers 2014 - the first show I ever saw live, at their Finals rehearsal site. Will always have a special place in my heart as well. 

Bluecoats 2019 - Love The Beatles. Love what they’re doing with it. Hey Jude will always give me the reaction that the BD closer gave me, I just know it. 

So I guess my shows are more sentimental to me than anything. I’m a sucker for things like that. 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

2017 7th Regiment Sun and Moon show  

7Rfeels.gif

If you aren't familiar with the whole ending of the show this snippet looks funny.

The duet hugs *aawwww* ...then...where is that color guard girl going...bathroom emergency?

28 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

If you aren't familiar with the whole ending of the show this snippet looks funny.

The duet hugs *aawwww* ...then...where is that color guard girl going...bathroom emergency?

Hah.  You could spin a while melodrama. “It’s bad enough he dumped me for the duet girl but that he’d open up and hug her in front of all these people when he wouldn’t even hold my hand on the bus!  I can’t take it anymore! I’m leaving!”

Actual context, 7R had a fantastic show about the relationship of the sun and the moon chasing one another but never be in the sky together other than for a short time. The guard girl running off is the sun setting. You’ll see the corps in circles kneeling in circles and holding hands doing alternating bends. This is also how the show started and the twinkling of the stars in the moonlight. 

The duet hug is just a huge release of emotion at a really good seasons’ end for some hard working kids. 

• Like 1