So these things could happen this weekend...

2 hours ago, cage said:

BAC

that curse should also include Dutch Boy

22 hours ago, mfrontz said:

1. With a Bluecoats outright win, DCI would have three unique champions in three successive years. (Note: not quite sure why I thought this was so rare.)The longest stretch of unique champions in consecutive years in DCI history is five years (88-92).

Blooo 2016

BD 2017

SCV 2018

Means this has already happened over the last three years?

• Like 1

If Blue Knights manages to stay ahead of Cadets, it will be the 1st time they have done that in DCI finals.

If Cadets end up in 8th, that will be the 1st time they have taken that placement in DCI finals.

If Blue Stars creeps above Cadets and Blue Knights for 7th, it will be their best placement since 1977.

• Thanks 1

WHOOPS1 SHOULD HAVE POSTED THIS IN "OIL CAN" FORUM. SORRY.

On Friday, I will be in Section 242 Row 10 and on Saturday in Section 141 Row 15. This is my first visit to LOS so I'm not sure where these sections are but my understanding is that each will likely be filled with Regiment phans. So just yell out "Where's OPR1956?"

Hope everyone has a great time and finds new friends.

On Saturday, GO Regiment and Bloo.

Michael

Edited by 1956OPR
WRONG POSTING SITE

I believe there's never been a tie for third place in Finals.

Ties are less common these days than in the past, but SCV and Crown have been pretty darn close of late.

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I believe there's never been a tie for third place in Finals.

Ties are less common these days than in the past, but SCV and Crown have been pretty darn close of late.

Ties for 1st- 1996 BD & PR, 1999 BD & SCV, 2000 Cadets & Cavies,

Tie for 2nd- 2001 BD & Cadets

Tie for 4th- 1990 BD & PR

Tie for 5th- 2002 PR and Boston

Ties for 7th-  1987 VK & Star, 1994 BK & Xmen

Tie for 8th-1996 Magic & Xmen

Tie for 8th or 9th- 1977 Freelancers and Seneca Optimists (Depends on whether you count Bridgemen's disqualification) 

Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure this year marks the first time since the introduction of the revamped Prelims/Semis format in 2011 that every single World Class corps has moved on to Semifinals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Unless I missed something, I'm pretty sure this year marks the first time since the introduction of the revamped Prelims/Semis format in 2011 that every single World Class corps has moved on to Semifinals.

Super happy to see Surf and Cascades in Semi's this year!! Both have improved so much this summer and i hope they both go balls to the wall today. But i can't dismiss the fact they are only in semi's cause BDB/SCVC stayed home this year. That basically opened up two spots. 

• Like 2