In the Oil Can ...

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

I’m 140, row15, I think seat 8. I’m on a shuttle bus to Logan Airport and my tickets are in my luggage, so. I can’t check. If I’m not in seat 8, you may be able to find me by listening.  I have a thick Boston accent. Last year someone near me thought I sounded like I’m from Ireland, but with Ibnhear Mor performing, that probably won’t happen this year.

See you soon. Tim!  We’re on our way in about an hour or so.  Waiting for Chicago traffic to die down (wishful thinking). 

Safe travels! 

Edited by Terri Schehr

1 hour ago, tedrick said:

it would be good if DCPers had some sort of shibboleth or means of easily id'ing one another -

maybe a DCP pin or button or something with your DCP name --

Things have been somewhat tame on DCP this year, but in the past if a few posters walked around wearing a badge with their DCP name, they’d face an angry mob wielding clubs!🌩️⚔️

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

48 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Things have been somewhat tame on DCP this year, but in the past if a few posters walked around wearing a badge with their DCP name, they’d face an angry mob wielding clubs!🌩️⚔️

Hey!  Are you talking about me again?!

I always put "Tim K" on my name badge when I'm around DCP people I don't know.  Just in case I say something stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sec 240, rows 6 and 7, seats 16 to 20.  

Was thinking this morning that this is our 10th anniversary sitting in these seats.

Then I was thinking about what a wonderful venue 2008 was by comparison.

Then I was thinking how much I enjoy the air conditioning, padded seats, clean restrooms, and plenty of food choices.

Then I was thinking about Phantom '08 and how we burst into tears that night when second place was announced.

Then "Into the Light".  Oh my.

And Shapiros.  And Harry and Izzy's, and Weber Grill, and decent hotels and lots of choices...

It's been quite a decade.

Oh, and don't come up bugging me.  I don't like any of you people.

:tongue:

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Texas and Allentown were enough for me this year.  May try for Finals again next year.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

14 minutes ago, garfield said:

Sec 240, rows 6 and 7, seats 16 to 20.  

Was thinking this morning that this is our 10th anniversary sitting in these seats.

Oh, and don't come up bugging me.  I don't like any of you people.:tongue:

-----------------------------

I've been the Section 240 DCI volunteer for the last few years....can't guarantee that it will be my spot again this year for finals, but if it is, I promise to ignore you and keep out the squatters. 

2 hours ago, tedrick said:

it would be good if DCPers had some sort of shibboleth or means of easily id'ing one another -

maybe a DCP pin or button or something with your DCP name --

I'll be walking around in the capybara costume 

14 minutes ago, PaminIndy said:

I've been the Section 240 DCI volunteer for the last few years....can't guarantee that it will be my spot again this year for finals, but if it is, I promise to ignore you and keep out the squatters. 

I'm on side one of 240.

We normally have this little, (I won't say "elderly" because she'll kill me) biker-babe who takes no crap from squatters and summarily boots them and blocking-tackles them from getting to our seats.  We throw her popcorn and buy her snacks in return.  She's got a mean growl that scares off kids worse than a caption head.

• Haha 3