Big loud and live

49 minutes ago, bluecoats88 said:

think about it,  the semi finals show would be about 6 hours long,  even if they charged $25 a ticket theaters would be losing money on a usually busy Friday night because during that 6 hour time slot they could show 3 movies on that screen at $13 a pop.  that is why you will never see the theaters give up a Friday or Saturday night to DCI

At one time there was talk about doing a home pay par view via cable or dish,similar to a boxing card.

The feeling was that people who wanted to go to Indy would go,whether there was a pay per view or

not.

24 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

At one time there was talk about doing a home pay par view via cable or dish,similar to a boxing card.

The feeling was that people who wanted to go to Indy would go,whether there was a pay per view or

not.

I think we established that was clear in 2013 when they set up the first stream for finals. They priced it at $70 because they thought that would price out enough of the market that the number of subscribers wouldn't exceed the capabilities they were planning/paying for.

They were...very wrong.

Have driven to Vegas (two hours) since moving out here.  So seeing that the Megaplex folks contracted with one of the St. George theaters to show the opener and tonight was great.  Just got off the phone. As of 11:15MT, they have sold four tickets.  Only 16 people showed up in June.  I suggested to the manager in June that someone has to take the initiative to reach the band directors and press in Washington and Iron County. But nooooo, we know what we're doing.  The generational perceived superiority complex many have out here is extremely misguided.

I am on a flight now from Hilo on the Big Island to Honolulu (253 miles, 53 minutes) as the Dole Regency in Honolulu is the only theater in the state showing the cinecast. Our audience is a mix of bandos, current MM parents, and alums from SCV, Blue Stars, Mandarins, & late 80’s Madison. One cinecast stalwart is an ‘81 SCV alum from North Shore. 

Off we go! 

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 2

Ok, heading out to get home, change, go out to dinner and then the Biggest, Loudest, Livest. All of Kevin's fabulous play by play of prelims has my appetite built up for a juicy steak and all the drum corps I can handle. Cheers to all, enjoy the show! 

21 hours ago, kkrepps said:

It's going to be over too soon. We need more. 😮

How about 2nd finals on Sunday?

What are you? A drumcorps hobbit?

• Haha 1

Sound suck only in my theater?