Finals Weekend Judges

Who will win finals?   It depends mostly on the judging panel chosen.  It's based on looking at past show history,  that's how it works.  At this point in the season, It depends very little on show design or how a corps performs, unless they really have a very bad run,  which isn't very likely at finals.   Unfortunate,  but this is the screwed up judging system we have to suffer through.  It needs to be changed. I'd like it to be  based on who has the best run on Sat. night, but that's just not reality. When the judging panel for finals is announced this week,  there's a very high probability that you can pick who will win finals, just based on who is judging finals. Don't even have to see the actual performances. The winner is basically pre-determined by who is chosen to judge.  It's based on each judge and their point spread between the top 2 or 3 in the last few shows they judged.  Once a judge develops an "opinion",  they tend not to change it, even in the performance captions,  no matter how good a run a corps has.  It has very little  to do with how many actual errors a corps has in a particular show.  Everything is an "opinion" based mostly on past history.   I did this in Crown's Einstein year,  came within a couple tenths of the final scores and point spread.  It picked the winner.  Try it and see.

Edited by 27Socal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 27Socal said:

Who will win finals?   It depends mostly on the judging panel chosen.  It's based on looking at past show history,  that's how it works.  At this point in the season, It depends very little on show design or how a corps performs, unless they really have a very bad run,  which isn't very likely at finals.   Unfortunate,  but this is the screwed up judging system we have to suffer through.  It needs to be changed. I'd like it to be  based on who has the best run on Sat. night, but that's just not reality. When the judging panel for finals is announced this week,  there's a very high probability that you can pick who will win finals, just based on who is judging finals. Don't even have to see the actual performances. The winner is basically pre-determined by who is chosen to judge.  It's based on each judge and their point spread between the top 2 or 3 in the last few shows they judged.  Once a judge develops an "opinion",  they tend not to change it, even in the performance captions,  no matter how good a run a corps has.  It has very little  to do with how many actual errors a corps has in a particular show.  Everything is an "opinion" based mostly on past history.   I did this in Crown's Einstein year,  came within a couple tenths of the final scores and point spread.  It picked the winner.  Try it and see.

Then I assume the moment it is released you will share with us exactly who will place in which spots all three nights.

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Then I assume the moment it is released you will share with us exactly who will place in which spots all three nights.

You assumed wrong.  The past show recaps are all public.   Have fun.

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Sorry, but I have a previous engagement proving NASA faked the moon landing.

Good, have fun with that.   I did it in the Crown year and it worked.   The posts are still there.

4 hours ago, 27Socal said:

Good, have fun with that.   I did it in the Crown year and it worked.   The posts are still there.

The moon landing was real . 

There is no conspiracy in DCI either .  Good judges and bad judges for each corps usually equal each other out . That’s why there are 11 of them . 

Edited by 777hornman