DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

Just now, MotoSurfBass said:

Pac Crest seemed like a group that never capitalized on the momentum of a good show the previous year... until this year. Holy cow, you may be looking at your next First Time Finalist in a few years. 

Couldn't have said it better!!

1 minute ago, kevingamin said:

HOLY CRAP, HORNLINE! They mean business! Somebody wants to move up a spot or two.

They scored high enough for the broadcast at Allentown but since today’s order is an average of the regionals, they’re on now. I’m not surprised they’re putting Colts and Academy on notice 

Soloist on the stage behind the pit. Pit staging is incredible for this show, with the large triangle made by white tarps to match the props and the design of the uniform.

• Like 1

Red is now the main color theme, in both the props and the guard flags.

Trumpets again with an impressive feature.

Prerecorded singing must go. Which judge is evaluating that voice? And how much is that judgment tempered by the fact that the singer got a dozen chances to get it right in the studio?

Pac Crest impressed me from my first viewing way back in June. This show has really held together well, and they have done a great job cleaning and selling it. Love the guard uniforms!

• Like 2

Percussion also came to play today. 

This is the first show where I wish I was wearing ear protection. Better stop by the Earasers booth later.

• Like 1

Gorgeous trumpet soloist on the Love Theme from Chinatown. Spirit also used this to great effect in 2011, but they’re really working it in this show. Horn line has a sonorous sound underneath the soloist.