DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

I hear horn snaps!

Whoa! Ripple tubas flipping the horns up on their shoulders, only to keep going and turn around and pretty much run backfield.

This middle section of SCV, the arrangement is awesome. Just have no clue what I’m supposed to be getting from the show concept.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Wow, trumpet soloist during Nothing Else Matters is playing that solo while holding onto one of the pole props after climbing up halfway.

Trumpet hits his impossible note and the place actually goes totally silent for a second as everybody goes “wait, did I just hear that?!?”

• Haha 1

Tenors just got applause for their feature WHILE THEY WERE PLAYING IT.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

This middle section of SCV, the arrangement is awesome. Just have no clue what I’m supposed to be getting from the show concept.

Yeah it’s an epic show with some epic music (save for the ballad and the trombone solo, which are pretty forgettable moments imo) but the rest is pretty great  

Just now, kevingamin said:

Trumpet hits his impossible note and the place actually goes totally silent for a second as everybody goes “wait, did I just hear that?!?”

More like, “that note didn’t sound good and made no sense with the rest of the music.”

• Like 3

Great backfield build until this triumphant moment, a pseudo company front that dissolves a la 87 Cadets.