DCI World Championship Prelims - Thursday, August 8, 2019

Just now, Cappybara said:

Why does the spread have to be maintained? Just take a look at the GE2 judge who put Crown in 7th for GE content! That hasn't happened all season. One judge can have an opinion that flip flops BD and Bloo in the caption

It doesn't HAVE to be... It just will in the average.  They have run out of space for comparison.  The music numbers have more room and have been more fluid up to this point.

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Also huge congrats to BD guard on the well deserved Guard win!

I gotta say, I’m very very very pro BD guard winning this year, it’s a wonderful program. But the literal message of BAC’s show this year is: Heads will roll. They’re just as deserving of a guard win. So BDCG better watch out!!!

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

It doesn't HAVE to be... It just will in the average.  They have run out of space for comparison.  The music numbers have more room and have been more fluid up to this point.

I mean, you literally did say it had to be maintained lol. Just going by your words. 

Just now, FlamMan said:

Coats are already in the drivers seat.

Yeah.  The sheets don't have them at a disadvantage.

5 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

[Carolina Crown] are in the drivers seat. 

— said everybody (including me!!!) in 2015

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Why does the spread have to be maintained? Just take a look at the GE2 judge who put Crown in 7th for GE content! That hasn't happened all season. One judge can have an opinion that flip flops BD and Bloo in the caption

Agree with your larger point, just correcting that Crown had a GE2 judge give them an 8th in content in Atlanta (as well as a GE1 giving a 7th).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FlamMan said:

Coats are already in the drivers seat.

a margin of 0.1 is a coinflip. My opinion is that there is no drivers seat this season unless one corps has a bad perfromance for that night. The top 2 are dead even, it will just come down to performance levels and judge opinions

• Like 7

1 minute ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Agree with your larger point, just correcting that Crown had a GE2 judge give them an 8th in content in Atlanta (as well as a GE1 giving a 7th).

I stand corrected. 

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

a margin of 0.1 is a coinflip. My opinion is that there is no drivers seat this season unless one corps has a bad perfromance for that night. The top 2 are dead even, it will just come down to performance levels and judge opinions

Mainly judge opinions at this point. With a spread like that there's only a small group of people's opinions deciding if a group will be getting 1st or 2nd. Sorry that's worded weird. Basically different group of judges can easily flip based on how they feel. Idk why I made it so wordy

Edited by kinetic inferno11